we've been talking about other forums

Started by tgv_obsessed, May 23, 2012, 11:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgv_obsessed

running in is so you get used to the noise, oops, to bed the gears down properly

Pengi

Great video - love the race between the trains! It is such a shame that the Farish Voyagers are so slow - they look beautiful.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Donkey

I loved it too  :thumbsup: Great little video, thank you for posting.

Marty

OwL

Check out the wheel spin on Thomas!! Great to see a British Athelete pulling so much and running faster than an international high speed sprinter! (lets hope this trend continues in this summers Olympics :-\)

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Adam1701D

Didn't know Network Rail had a Bullet Train.  :)
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Jerry Howlett

Stupidity rooles....  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: Thank goodness !
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Jack

Where was James & Gordon? No wonder Thomas was out of puff with wheel spin pulling all those wagons!  ;D
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Jerry Howlett

He was being pushed by the troublesome trucks !
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

BobB

Now look 'ere you lot. My Grandson will not hear a critical word against Thomas. Pushed by trucks indeed !

On my now disused OO layout, Thomas was the fastest locomotive and although he only had two trucks that belonged to him, he could out run a two car class 108, a class 25 with two suburban coaches and a class 47 pulling four tank wagons.

Admittedly, Thomas did have some problems. The control in use was digital and Thomas was analogue (well he was steam whilst everything else was diesel - fair excuse ?) The problem was that the layout had a reverse loop module. Thomas of course didn't know about this and when he entered the loop he ended up oscillating between the two track breaks on the track controlled by the reverse loop module; unless we were going full belt (scale speed probably above 200 miles per hour) in which case his momentum and speed overcame the module and he would continue on his merry way. This is how we discovered his unexpected turn of speed.

Ossie (the Grandson) thought it was great and Thomas is his most favourite locomotive.

kevin141

Good dinner

moogle

Great  :thumbsup:
Thanks for posting.
GO THOMAS!  8)
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Pengi

Quote from: OwL729 on May 24, 2012, 08:36:30 PM
Check out the wheel spin on Thomas!! Great to see a British Athelete pulling so much and running faster than an international high speed sprinter! (lets hope this trend continues in this summers Olympics :-\)

Thomas is quite sweet (for a steamer) and did well against the international express running at 1/3 power.

In Olympic terms, i think the TGVs are a bit like the speed skaters, sleek, elegant and smooth whereas most steamers look like Eddie the Eagle (especially the Q1) :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations