Removing Lettering from Dapol Locos

Started by ten0G, May 15, 2015, 08:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ten0G

:hellosign:
I wonder if any forum members have ideas for removing lettering such as "BRITISH RAILWAYS" from Dapol locos please.  It would be the easiest solution for me regarding some tank engines.  The alternative would require repainting and renumbering other specimens, and at present I have no facilities where this could be carried out. 

I would not wish to apply any lettering afterwards, just the unicycling lion totem, probably on an unlettered part of the tank sides. 

I have looked at old threads regarding Mr Muscle & similar methods, I need something which is not going to affect the paint finish underneath the letter so I want to be very certain before I start that I'm using the best method found to date. 

I may still have to wait until I return to Blighty before I can proceed, but I'd like to buy the right locos now while they are still available and cheap.  It would of course save a lot of time as well. 

Thanks in advance.   :)

MJKERR

Personally, only use chemicals if you want to remove the paint and get down to the plastic

For small printed on details, use a fibreglass pencil
Make sure it is trimmed and clean

Test on a small spare / old coach or wagon first

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations