New Post Ratings Installed

Started by guest2, December 30, 2018, 05:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLD

Quote from: Innovationgame on January 01, 2019, 03:27:39 PMBut I still find the forum slightly less easy to use than it was before.  I tried the 'Show unread posts since last visit.' link, but that gives me a list of scores of posts, most of which are of no interest to me.
Where's that 'Don't Understand  ???' rating when you need it...

That functions exactly as it's always done and is unrelated to the feedback options so I don't understand how changing the ratings system has in any way made the forum "slightly less easy to use than it was before"...

Madann01

Excuse my ignorance in reference to the word emojis to describe the icons at the end of the post :doh: I think I have been spending too much time testing my kids on the phone :goggleeyes: Am I right in understanding that what we use in a post is an emoji being a descriptive picture? And the same character being called an icon if it is to perform an action. :confused2:

njee20

Quote from: PLD on January 01, 2019, 04:12:58 PM
Quote from: Innovationgame on January 01, 2019, 03:27:39 PMBut I still find the forum slightly less easy to use than it was before.  I tried the 'Show unread posts since last visit.' link, but that gives me a list of scores of posts, most of which are of no interest to me.
Where's that 'Don't Understand  ???' rating when you need it...

That functions exactly as it's always done and is unrelated to the feedback options so I don't understand how changing the ratings system has in any way made the forum "slightly less easy to use than it was before"...

Because, as Laurence said, he used the presence of the thank you button at the top of the post as an aide memoir  to whether he'd read the post or not. The degradation now being that he has to start reading before knowing if he's read it or not. For me that's a hugely tenuous use though! 

PLD

Quote from: njee20 on January 01, 2019, 05:19:06 PM
Because, as Laurence said, he used the presence of the thank you button at the top of the post as an aide memoir  to whether he'd read the post or not. The degradation now being that he has to start reading before knowing if he's read it or not. For me that's a hugely tenuous use though!
So...
He used to Click on the Thank you Button on the last post in the thread or every post in the thread (regardless of whether he agreed with it) so he had a marker of posts read???  :headbutt:

That means that any thank you given by him is totally meaningless and potentially unmerited... - all the more reason for changing the system then...

njee20

I must profess I don't quite understand it.

dannyboy

Anybody else missing the new icons/emojis at the bottom of posts? Also, and I do not know if this is connected, the forum is being extremely slow this evening.  ???
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

port perran

Quote from: dannyboy on January 01, 2019, 08:18:51 PM
Anybody else missing the new icons/emojis at the bottom of posts? Also, and I do not know if this is connected, the forum is being extremely slow this evening.  ???
No icons here and also very slow.
I suggest that some forum modifications are underway.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: dannyboy on January 01, 2019, 08:18:51 PM

Maybe someone clicked the "remove Emoji" emoji :angel:

Seriously, given the current speed of the forum someone is working on it at the moment so I expect they will reappear, hopefully thinned and better spaced so they can be used on mobile device screens.

Tank

Snowwolflair, your prize is in the post! :D

Yet_Another

Even though 'spending less time on forums' is not one of my resolutions, I sense that I will be spending less time here. Because yes, change is bad: but bad change is worse.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Tank

JasonBz

railsquid

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Tank on January 01, 2019, 11:15:58 PM

@Tank  i have never thought of you as a drama queen, but if you know better who am I to disagree  :D

emjaybee

:toot: :stop: :phone: :wonderfulmodelling: :laugh2: :slap: :smackedface: :admiration: :whisper: :help: :-\ :'(

Aaaaaaaaaaargh!

I don't understand!!!!!!
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31