New Post Ratings Installed

Started by guest2, December 30, 2018, 05:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madann01

This is turning into a 'BREXIT' type discussion (There I've mentioned the word :doh: ) perhaps we should rename the board 'RATEIT' :D

nookfield

Quote from: PaulCheffus on January 04, 2019, 10:25:54 AM
Quote from: nookfield on January 04, 2019, 10:13:45 AM
Can someone please tell me what the "Post Total" value is on the ratings bar.
I had thought it was just the total number ratings but this doesn't appear to be the case.

As can been seen in the attached screen print a total of 6 ratings have been made but the total shows 9.

This screen shot was taken from the post immediately above this one

Hi

I raised this issue in post 126

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

Sorry I've probably just sent you a lot of notifications.

Clicking on different ratings gives different totals.

Like/thank You +1
Dislike -1
Funny +2
Sad 0
Love It +1
Help 0
Agree +2
Best Solution +10

Tank

I imagine that I'll take the values away, as they're not needed on this forum.

Steven B

Quote from: swisstrains on January 04, 2019, 10:00:41 AM
If you have an opinion about a post that goes beyond saying "Thank-you" then voice that opinion and don't just press a button. Isn't discussion what a forum is supposed to be all about?

Depends what you want to say. For a "Me too" or "I agree that's the best solution" then a simple agree/thumbs up makes for a much cleaner read than lots of one line posts.

I don't think the dislike options should be there. It leaves more questions than answers. If there's something wrong in a post that you disagree with (e.g. incorrect date for the withdrawal of 14xx tank engines) then this should be explained.

@Tank, what options are available?

RailGooner

If you have an opinion about a post that goes beyond saying "Thank-you" then voice that opinion and don't just press a button.

Is that an order? :uneasy: :worried: >:( :veryangry:

In my opinion this is yet another example of the modern World where something is done because it can be done and not because there is any real need for it.

I feel sad reading this. I did click the Sad emoji, but to comply with the above order I'm voicing [sic] that opinion.

Tank

In my opinion this is yet another example of the modern World where something is done because it can be done and not because there is any real need for it.

8/9 years ago I was mocked for starting this forum and was told it wasn't needed as there were other forums out there.  Since then those very people joined this forum.  So, to some there is no need for certain things in life, but to others it enhances what we're doing.

Tank

Quote from: Steven B on January 04, 2019, 11:24:11 AM
...what options are available?

Well, I can create anything to be honest. Just need a suitable icon.

emjaybee

Oh. I perhaps thought it was just a 'bolt on' accessory to a forum template.

In that case...

... could we please have a icon that represents

"what's he blithering on about now, surely we're not still on about this?"

Failing that how about scrapping all the kiddy icons that look frighteningly like I've stumbled into FaceAche and replacing them with a "Thank You" button?

I'll bow to the majority verdict. You'll not get rid of me that easily.

:P
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Snowwolflair

In that case how about an icon of a Orangutan giving the bird (Clive) to respond to disagree icons. On second thoughts better not, it might get over used.  :D

emjaybee

Quote from: Snowwolflair on January 04, 2019, 11:58:39 AM
In that case how about an icon of a Orangutan giving the bird (Clive) to respond to disagree icons. On second thoughts better not, it might get over used.  :D

Did you mean Clive?

Or did you mean Clyde?

(As in Every Which Way but Loose)
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: emjaybee on January 04, 2019, 12:25:46 PM

Did you mean Clive?

Or did you mean Clyde?

(As in Every Which Way but Loose)

Definitely Clyde

daffy

This is my final post in this thread, as, unbelievably, it has almost reached it's twelfth page! :o. Who would have thought a change to a 'use it or not, as you wish' feature could cause so much emotion.

Anyway, my wish is for yet another button+thingy. The design is unimportant, but it's message must be crystal clear: "Enough alreadyl"

;)

:beers:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Snowwolflair

Quote from: daffy on January 04, 2019, 02:28:21 PM
This is my final post in this thread, as, unbelievably, it has almost reached it's twelfth page! :o. Who would have thought a change to a 'use it or not, as you wish' feature could cause so much emotion.

Anyway, my wish is for yet another button+thingy. The design is unimportant, but it's message must be crystal clear: "Enough alreadyl"

;)

:beers:

:thumbsup: The Clyde button  :D

Newportnobby

@Snowwolflair  Why not just use  :-* :moony:

As one who gives a lot of Thank Yous (and receives many) I'd like a 'You're Welcome' emoji but don't know if such a thing exists :dunce:

swisstrains

Quote from: RailGooner on January 04, 2019, 11:35:56 AM
If you have an opinion about a post that goes beyond saying “Thank-you” then voice that opinion and don’t just press a button.

Is that an order? :uneasy: :worried: >:( :veryangry:

I feel sad reading this. I did click the Sad emoji, but to comply with the above order I'm voicing [sic] that opinion.
Excellent. This is exactly the way you should reply to a post you disagree with. You have obviously been paying attention. Keep up the good work.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations