Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yet_Another

Quote from: GScaleBruce on April 26, 2016, 03:39:53 PM
Nice. Good job I don't know where to look for such things. Yet.
TBH, I can't remember how I came across it - I wasn't looking.

Have you got much loft space?  :D
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Yet_Another

Quote from: jrb on April 26, 2016, 05:12:31 PM
I've been looking out for a 2-car 101 or 108 in green (w/whiskers) but no luck as of yet :(
Set up a search on eBay, and have it email you when one gets listed. Best to target the exact models you're interested in.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Newportnobby

I've been looking out for a 2-car 101 or 108 in green (w/whiskers) but no luck as of yet :(

I think finding some rocking horse poo might be easier.
I see the green 108 with small yellow panels is due within the next 60 days if that's any help.

REGP

JRB

BR Lines seems to have Green bodies for 108s in stock, if your interested in swapping them over.

Ray

jrb

Quote from: Yet_Another on April 26, 2016, 08:32:14 PM
Set up a search on eBay, and have it email you when one gets listed. Best to target the exact models you're interested in.

I already have - unfortunately, if I remember to keep an eye on it, they go for top money; when I forget that they're ending, they tend to go cheap & I miss out!!!

To be fair though, it's not really a priority at the moment, just a 'would be nice if one came along' type of purchase. Consequently I haven't been actively following them.

Skyline2uk

It occurs to me that I have not posted here in a while and also the layout has not seen any stock (snowploughs and class 56 on a lorry aside) for ages.

So, with thanks to @B757-236GT , here is my first ever class 31 "on shed".

[smg id=38787]

This is 31135 and I believe she is ex-set. Have not had a chance to run her yet, but she will make ideal motive power for my nuke flask train, releasing 33 002 "Sea King" for engineering duties.

Skyline2uk

B757-236GT

I still have a nice railfreight one to go with it... See you tomorrow.

Richard
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

jrb

After having bought 3 new locos in as many weeks, I resolved not to buy any more rolling stock for the foreseeable future...

It turns out that "the foreseeable future" is only just over 24 hours, as on Tuesday night I read an article in a magazine about milk trains & their formations, and decided I needed one immediately. Hence this lot has just been delivered:

6x Dapol 6-wheelers (5 in silver 'Express Dairy', 1 in UD white);
1x Farish LMS 50ft full break in BR crimson (weathered);
1x Farish 12 ton ventilated van.

The set of conflats are not a part of the milk train, but they somehow fell into my virtual basket too.

OK, that's it now - no more. And I mean it this time.

No, I really do mean it.

I'm not buying any more now, honest.

Absolutely not.

No way.

No, that really is - OOH, that looks nice...

Tdm

No Pictures - says I am not allowed to view the file!

jrb

Quote from: Tdm on April 29, 2016, 12:37:24 PM
No Pictures - says I am not allowed to view the file!

Should (hopefully?) be sorted now. Not that it's a great picture, you're probably not missing much!

Bealman

I love unit trains from that era! What will be your motive power?  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Snowwolflair

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on April 29, 2016, 01:22:37 PM
I love unit trains from that era! What will be your motive power?  :beers:

Now look what you've done, George. A new loco will have to be bought to pull the milk train ::) ;)
Just as well the class 22s are on offer at Rails and Hattons >:D

scottishlocos

All

Got this wee beastie a few weeks ago it is cracking model

austinbob

Just ordered the Farish Cumbrian mountain train pack from eHattons £131.71.
Duchess of Hamilton plus 3 recent blue/grey Mk1 coaches and a signal box.
Thats gotta be nearly half price or am I missing something here?
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations