Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

7P5F

My wife has bought me from Hattons for Christmas,a Farish N class in SR lined green,3 Maunsell lined coaches from Dapol & one 1st class lined coach from Rails.These coaches are hard to find now.Totally out of period with my early BR layout but just couldn`t resist.

Ray.

Bangor Lad

Just bought Farish Class 37 on eBay. Green, small warning panel. Needs a few minor repairs so back to BRLines for a few bits and probably a new set of wheels.
Bangor Lad
aka Dave
Winner N Gauge Society Building Cup 2015

Bespoke building services. PM for details

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/78608332@N07/albums

Hyperion

Picked up a Peco Collett which arrived in the mail today along with some assorted goods wagons (not shown)

[smg id=30591 type=preview align=center caption="Peco Collett"]

Almost went to run it on DC before remembering they are DCC! Plugged in the Multimaus and went for a few laps of my work in progress layout. Very happy with this purchase.
DC or DCC, that is the question.

Bob Tidbury

I thought you could use the Peco Collett on DC straight out of the box and also program it for DCC if you wanted to,
Bob

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on October 19, 2015, 08:13:45 AM
I thought you could use the Peco Collett on DC straight out of the box and also program it for DCC if you wanted to,
Bob

You are correct, Bob.
The loco is fitted with a Lenz chip but I run mine on DC

porkie

Here's my latest loco. Always wanted an updated version as my farish version is dated
[smg id=30703 type=preview align=center caption="received 868973133198930"]
[smg id=30704 type=preview align=center caption="received 868973136532263"]
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

railsquid

Through-services have now commenced between Sodor and Eitetsumura, with this small blue tank engine hauling the first train.

scotsoft

Very nice sqiddy, I would very much like the same but the cost is prohibitive  :'(

Thank you for posting your picture  :NGaugersRule:

Cheers John.

railsquid

richard9002

Nice one Railsquid. Didn't know you could get Thomas in N! My first 'train-set' was one of those old Hornby Thomas sets, many hours of fun, and seeds sown!

Quote from: railsquid on October 25, 2015, 04:09:29 AM
checks Ebay... Holy Moo-beast.  :goggleeyes:

Seconded!  :o
Any opinion expressed above is mine and mine alone. Unless you happen to agree. Then they're your's too.

Skyline2uk

I do like a Tomex Thomas.

Sure I would have loved it as a tiny person. I had a clockwork 00 Thomas myself  ;D

If nothing else these characters break the ice at exhibitions  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

railsquid

It'll be a birthday or Christmas present for a little boy in a couple of years time. James I already have, rescued from a junk box for the equivalent of a fiver and repaired with the aid of a coupling spring, and a few other bits I've found.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Skyline2uk on June 17, 1970, 09:02:13 AM

If nothing else these characters break the ice at exhibitions  :thumbsup:

Not sure you're meant to shove Thomas into your cocktail :laugh:

Skyline2uk

:laughabovepost:

*Puts on Ringo Starr accent*

"Thomes DID feel strange this morning....his boiler was bubbling and his paint had a green shade"

:D

Skyline2uk

Tdm

"Thomas" is the Username of Admin on the new N gauge Euro Forum just started - perhaps you should ask his opinion?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations