Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Al

Quote from: FeelixTC on August 20, 2014, 01:41:20 PM
Even has the 'detail parts' bags with it, which, as far as I can see are simply a sprue of moulding pips  :confused1:

They are short vacuum pipes to fit into the ends of the unit on the holes just below the buffer beam - I think they are very short so the coupling can possibly still clear it, but I've not fitted them to my units.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

FeelixTC

Quote from: Dr Al on August 20, 2014, 04:43:44 PM
Quote from: FeelixTC on August 20, 2014, 01:41:20 PM
Even has the 'detail parts' bags with it, which, as far as I can see are simply a sprue of moulding pips  :confused1:

They are short vacuum pipes to fit into the ends of the unit on the holes just below the buffer beam - I think they are very short so the coupling can possibly still clear it, but I've not fitted them to my units.

Cheers,
Alan

Thanks - that was my guess, but couldn't be sure without an electron microscope  :D

Next time it's out of the box, I may try fitting them, along with getting rid of the huge Rapido that just spoils the whole thing.
.............Oooh! Get me; 'detailing'   :smiley-laughing:

Luke Piewalker

I advise fitting the hoses and dummy couplings

http://www.cs.vintagecarriagestrust.org/se/CarriageInfo.asp?Ref=4460

The little 'pips' are the white connections under the buffer (multiple working connections?)
Most I've ever managed to get on was three. at one end. That was with a magnifying glass, locking tweezers and a pin vice with micro drills... Still they flew everywhere!  :veryangry:

FeelixTC

Quote from: Luke Piewalker on August 20, 2014, 09:37:39 PM

Where would I get dummy couplings and hoses? I only seem to have the MW connections

Dr Al

Quote from: FeelixTC on August 20, 2014, 05:02:40 PM
Next time it's out of the box, I may try fitting them,

I found the holes on the buffer beam slightly small the one time I tried, so worth running a small drill through them to open a fraction.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Luke Piewalker

Quote from: FeelixTC on August 21, 2014, 08:59:52 AM
Quote from: Luke Piewalker on August 20, 2014, 09:37:39 PM

Where would I get dummy couplings and hoses? I only seem to have the MW connections

Hmmm... unless I'm forgetting something mine came with a couple of hoses and a hook with a dangly coupling as well as the 'pips'
As Dr Al suggested, a small drill bit to open out the hole saves a lot of frustration.

Dave95979

steve836

[smg id=15180 type=preview align=center caption="029"][smg id=15181 type=preview align=center caption="028"][smg id=15182 type=preview align=center caption="027"][smg id=15183 type=preview align=center caption="026"]
A job lot of 6 locos from e-bay- Most of the diesels will have to go as they don't fit the location or era. One of the 55's may stay under rule 1, however. All ran on first attempt except the blue one. The standard 4 is a goodun but the others will need some t.l.c.  before I use them or sell them on. The 73 runs well but is a bit noisy, some lubrication should fix that! It does need couplings and springs so the air should start turning blue soon. If, however, someone wants to make an offer I would consider it.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

angr607

Got to say I'm very impressed with Union Mills. Ordered late yesterday and arrived at 10am this morning. Along with a trip to the local model shop, I'm building up a small loco fleet for my railway! A Union Mills T9, a Union Mills class 700, a Farish 04 Shunter and a Farish Fairborn Tank.

Its safe to say I'm a very happy chappie with the Union Mills Pair especially for the price paid. But its a case of can I justify one of the 0395s they make.......

Cheers,

Jon

railsquid

Some second hand blue coaches from the bargain bin, mainly for experimental use with things like changing couplings, adding lighting etc, as I have two left hands which are all thumbs and I'm the kind of person who takes something apart, puts it back together and wonders what the left-over plastic bits were for. Or worse - especially with these tiny things - ends up with little bits of left-over plastic which were clearly snapped off other bits of plastic by accident.

Also some Tomix concrete viaduct bits, as I realized I can run them along the back of my putative layout for the Shinkansen (rule 1 exceptions may apply) and put another line beneath without using all that much space.

DWS

My latest purchase, one of the new 're-issued' Dapol Prairies, plus three Dapol Collett coaches to go with it, two 2nd corridor coaches and a brake composite coach.

Note: The Brake Coach 2P-000-101, although appearing in the latest 2014/15 Dapol catalogue, is now unavailable from Dapol, but I managed to bag one of the last ones in stock after a search of quite a few dealers.

Midsomer Magna - A fictional station in the West Country.

Ditape

[smg id=15406 type=preview align=center caption="#1"]

I must stop hunting for bargains on ebay the bank balance is suffering but I could not resist this bargin, As new DCC fitted and only £42 + P&P
Diane Tape

CarriageShed

Quote from: Ditape on September 01, 2014, 04:31:31 PM
[smg id=15406 type=preview align=center caption="#1"]

I must stop hunting for bargains on ebay the bank balance is suffering but I could not resist this bargin, As new DCC fitted and only £42 + P&P

Even as a kettle fan, I like that one!

Railwaygun

we definitely need a thread on "N Gauge Madness"!!! - is there a cure? ( apart from Death & Taxes?)

Nick R
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23