Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParkeNd

Quote from: EtchedPixels on March 18, 2014, 10:49:54 PM
Quote from: ParkeNd on March 18, 2014, 05:11:09 PM
Hattons have refused to refund the cost of second class return postage - just the price of the loco. I am challenging this.

If it is faulty goods then as said they are responsible for the return cost (and arguably any other forseeable costs incurred as a result of their failure to provide merchantable goods). I found Hattons liked to forget this but I never had them try and refuse to pay.  If it's not faulty but you didn't like it then the postage both ways is your problem.

If they carry on acting stupid then trading standards, and also your card company. At that point they'll probably wise up.

For various reasons to do with their inability to use the shipping supplier specified and refusing to fix the problem I don't use Hattons. They used to be the best, but I think Rails or one or two of the others have now run off with the crown.

Alan

I think you are right on all counts. My suspicion is that something has changed at the top. In just two weeks I have had issues with them where they have gone out of their way to demonstrate that they do not trust even their highest spending repeat customers who buy 100% of what they need from them as long as they stock it. I have actually threatened them with defecting to Rails, and should they continue to refuse to pay return postage at 2nd Class rate then I shall post a letter to Christine Hatton informing her she has lost me as a customer, and then cancel my £700 of pre-orders in one hit.

They are really trying to push this under the carpet - and they are even saying that my request for a full refund does not constitute a request for the return postage - so they didn't pay it.

I am really mad about this one. Two weeks ago they sent the wrong item despite correctly invoicing what I did order - value £2.50. They asked me to return it and said they would send the correct item right away. When I posted it back and emailed to say I had done so right away, they sent me an email tersely pointing out that until the return was received they would not lift a finger to send the right one. I thought I had won on this - but I think they still waited for the wrong one to be received - there was a three day delay before the correct item was despatched.

ParkeNd

This afternoon Hattons refunded both the original £4 postage and the £2.60 to send the faulty item back.

Heroes after all. Many thanks to Hattons.

jivebunny

Glad you got it sorted. Always worth persisting, although in this particular case you shouldn't really have had to...

Not strictly a loco or rolling stock purchase, but one I'm happy with nonetheless. Perfect new home for such a lovely rake of Mk2 coaches.

JB

portland-docks

that case looks abit different to ones iv seen online?
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Newportnobby

Quote from: ParkeNd on March 19, 2014, 05:47:49 PM
This afternoon Hattons refunded both the original £4 postage and the £2.60 to send the faulty item back.

Heroes after all. Many thanks to Hattons.

Maybe someone there reads the forum >:D
Whichever way you look at it, that's a good result but not something you needed to have problems with :hmmm:

jivebunny

Quote from: portland-docks on March 19, 2014, 08:28:28 PM
that case looks abit different to ones iv seen online?

It's a standard Kato storage case, ref. 10-210. I also have an eight-slot one on its way (10-214) but that'll need a bit of modifying to fit a rake of Mk3a coaches in... Very good product though, and for less than £20 delivered from Japan you can't really go wrong!

JB

scottmitchell74

Glad you got it worked out Parkend!

Took my first dive into the Kato pool, and got my first Union Mills  :claphappy: both in the mail today! So excited.

The Kato is very beautiful and runs smoothly...

The Union Mills looks better in person than any picture. It runs nicely and pulls like a champ, as advertised. 

(Thanks EtchedPixels!)
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

lil chris

I love my old Jinty butI just had to buy one of these new Jinty's. Just need to find a way of running in with no dc track,(I have a controller) just no test track anymore before I put the chip in.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Bealman

That's a great close up photo. The new ones really look good, that's for sure.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

I'd planned to pick up a Farish Jinty at Ally Pally this weekend. Instead I bought a Dapol Britannia at Bridgnorth station for £75, and a Farish Std 5 for £65 from the returned section of the Bachmann stand. Throw in a few wagons and it's been an expensive weekend!

Std 5 worked fine straight from the box, but the Brit didn't move. Motor spun but the driving wheels didn't. The driveshaft was in place, but after half an hour of careful dismantling, I found the problem was one of the two pieces of plastic that hold the worm in place had come adrift. Popped back into place, loco reassembled, now works ok. Needs running in, it's a bit rough at present, but that should clear up.

No photos yet, they'll come once the locos have been run in and weathered. I'm glad it wasn't anything major with the Brit, just a shame it's such a palaver getting into it to sort it out.

Newportnobby

Quote from: lil chris on March 22, 2014, 11:06:49 PM
I love my old Jinty butI just had to buy one of these new Jinty's. Just need to find a way of running in with no dc track,(I have a controller) just no test track anymore before I put the chip in

Chris - if you have a controller and a piece of track, how about investing in a rolling road such that you can run your locos in before converting them to DCC?

talisman56

Quote from: 5944 on March 23, 2014, 12:56:39 AM

Std 5 worked fine straight from the box, but the Brit didn't move. Motor spun but the driving wheels didn't. The driveshaft was in place, but after half an hour of careful dismantling, I found the problem was one of the two pieces of plastic that hold the worm in place had come adrift. Popped back into place, loco reassembled, now works ok. Needs running in, it's a bit rough at present, but that should clear up.

My loco haul from last year's TINGS was a Farish Black 5 (from Farish stand, returned stock) and a Dapol Britannia (from Dapol stand, brand new, unopened). Black 5 ran like a sewing machine straight from the box, Britannia needed the recommended oiling and a *lot* of running in before the initial roughness disappeared.

Seems like the shape of things present at the moment...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Jameswgm

Picked up a Farish 350/2 from the Bachmann stand at Ally Pally today for £70, runs a treat. Need to stop buying locos, won a Dapol Class 220 for 62 from Ebay too while I was there.

Sprintex

My one purchase at Ally Pally yesterday - a Dapol MK3 'Pretendolino' Coach for a tenner  :)

Paul

tutenkhamunsleeping

[smg id=11115]

Acquired today, a pair of Farish Class 108s in blue.  You can never have too many DMUs :)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations