help...

Started by matt-b, April 01, 2011, 06:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt-b

i`ve been offered a wrexham and shropshire set for cheap money, only problem is the 67 works ok, but makes a moooo`ing sound when running.. can this be easily fixed? its bit of a bargin so as anyone got any ideas what it could be?

thanks.

:NGaugeForum:

michael

sadly i cant help you with the noise but if its ws at a bargin price and you decide you dont want it........   ;)

Lawrence

Quote from: matt-b on April 01, 2011, 06:34:53 PM
i`ve been offered a wrexham and shropshire set for cheap money, only problem is the 67 works ok, but makes a moooo`ing sound when running.. can this be easily fixed? its bit of a bargin so as anyone got any ideas what it could be?

thanks.

A disgruntled cow?

Sorry couldn't help myself, sounds like something could be a bit tight, gearing, linkages or wheels maybe, I think what you are hearing could be the motor working hard to drive the loco, this will draw more current through it (the motor) causing it to burn out quicker, so makes sure everything is free running.  Could always be the motor is just on the way out  :(

This is just my best guess, someone might be able to pin point it precisely

matt-b

yeah, i could just break it down and sell it in parts, the dvt, 2 coaches and the 67 shell...then the chassis. thanks  :)

michael

otherwise its always worth sending it on a trip to br lines

matt-b

or just straight to ebay lol  ;D

michael

post us a link if you do matt as i know someone who might want to bid

thanks

matt-b

will do, i`ll have a think about what to do.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations