Todays Facepalm

Started by Luke Piewalker, December 21, 2013, 08:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke Piewalker

So having been scouring the internet and the eBay for Mk1 Blue/Grey BG's, and buying one from Rails that had been split out of a set, I decided to have a swing through my stock box and found I already have one...  :-[
Then on closer inspection found out that the one I had in the database as a Parcel Bogie Van or somesuch was in fact... a BG with express parcels written on it...  :doh:

At least I'll always have something to put on the end of my passenger trains...  :dunce:

Oh, and I bought red one for my mail train, but I don't have one of them...  :claphappy:

edwin_m

Parcels trains were often a fairly random combination of BGs, GUVs, and other stuff in assorted liveries including the occasional half-brake with the seating half either in or out of passenger service.  So you could plausibly run all four of them as a train if you like. 

Luke Piewalker

That's what I'm aiming for, I have some Mk2s that will go with a BG and a Mk1 buffet I'm awaiting. And some sleepers that will go with it too. With my Mk2s, parcels, mk3s and mk3 sleepers there is much scope for mixing and matching to make plausible rakes.

Luke Piewalker

As promised elsewhere...

Before I headed home for the holibags I acquired a spanky new can of Tamiya primer and disassembled some Peco wagon models for 'treatment'.
So I head for Dad's railway room on Christmas Eve (there are no carpets, there's a reason we do things with spray cans in there...)
I warm the can up gently in the sink, then stand there shaking vigorously for a goodly time... or I would have done, except the can leapt out of my hand...
I see it roll under some shelves and think 'I'm ok, It'll be fine'... then I hear a hissing noise and think 'The cap must have fell aff, it's just resting against something'... then I reach under and discover a hole in the can...
I never even got the cap off  :'(
And my dad got some lovely grey floorboards...  :-\
And I got to go to Hellfrauds on Boxing Day for some more primer...  :-[

Newportnobby

Ah - the trials and tribulations of modelling :doh:
Mind you, if you're going on Boxing Day that's nearly a years wait :confused1:

Luke Piewalker

I went... I went... It were Christmas Eve mind...
I've only just now got to my proper computer where I could tell the tale with suitable panache...

I can also inform you that Tamiya Primer is incredibly suitable for the priming of fingernails... Sticks like magic...  :-[

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations