Sod’s Virus? - a novel way to reward careful isolation

Started by daffy, April 11, 2021, 12:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Wonderful news, Mike, and as Murray Walker once said "I'd best go now as I have a big lump in my throat" :wave:

dannyboy

That is excellent news Mike, hopefully Sheila continues to go from strength to strength.

And @class37025 , we all hope that you can report similar joyful news Alan in the near future.

Life can be a bit of a so and so at times, but it is always nice to hear of someones good news.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

stevewalker

Great news Mike. Long may things remain settled!

Meanwhile my wife has managed to re-arrange her much delayed second vaccination and her next set of injections for the RA, so hopefully she'll be at least somewhat mobile for the summer.

guest311

although Val's admission letter said to phone the ward between 09:00 and 10:00, and with transport saying she'd be picked up any time after 10:00, I took a chance and phoned the ward at 08:15, if there was no bed, then at least we could call transport and hopefully catch the driver before a wasted journey.
spoke to a very cheerful and helpful staff nurse, explained why I was phoning early, and she said Val was down for admission today as arranged, though as they were struggling for beds she might be admitted to another ward to start with.
11.00 the usual cheerful / helpful driver appeared and whisked her away towards London.
where do they find these guys ?
the guy who brought her swab tests down saturday was also of this type, as were both drivers who took her up to, and home from Guys thursday for her lung function test.
a resounding  :thankyousign: to all of them.

she'll phone when she gets there, and again this evening when she will hopefully know what time I can phone tomorrow to see how her surgery went.

so, fingers crossed, and list of jobs perused  :'( still I wouldn't be without her  :hmmm:

HB is already playing up as 'mum', ie the spoiler of HB, is not here.  :smiley-laughing:

guest311

update ....

all the positive thoughts on here have obviously been working, SWMBO had her surgery yesterday afternoon, back to the ward from recovery about 19:30 ish, so a long day for the surgeons and theatre staff  :thankyousign:
spoke to her this morning and she is fine, though in some pain, which will no doubt be resolved either by meds, or a large wooden mallet  >:D
she has already asked how the list of jobs is doing  :'( so not much wrong with her.

next stage I suppose is the results on what was removed, and then a plan for treatment going forward can be made.

she was told she'd be in for 5 > 7 days, so that could mean her returning home monday, I'd better get weaving on the jobs list  :-[

thank you all for your good wishes, hopefully they have worked and SWMBO will get a clean bill of health.

guest311

another update ...
just has a phone call from SWMBO to say she is being discharged later this afternoon, and they will be arranging the transport to get her home.

she had an x-ray thursday evening, and it showed all clear so no remaining signs anywhere.
physios on thursday and friday have been giving her a workout, and they are happy for her to be at home.

only fly in the ointment is the lack of progress on the jobs list  :-[ :'(

maybe she won't notice  :hmmm:

thank you all for your comments and good wishes. I was really worried it would not end up well.

daffy

Great news Alan!  :thumbsup:

Isn't it so good when your worst fears aren't realised? :)

Now, I'm rather concerned to hear you haven't kept on top of the jobs list. :hmmm:  But that's only because I've slightly failed on that front too! :D

My best wishes to your wife, and long may she be able to keep writing lists for you.

:beers:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

guest311

many thanks, but, has your good lady worn the bell out yet  >:D

Newportnobby

That's great news, Alan. I'm sure you're pleased to have your good lady back at home giving you GBH of the earholes rather than her being in hospital with so many unknown theories as to what was wrong.

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 16, 2021, 08:12:04 PM
rather than her being in hospital with so many unknown theories as to what was wrong.

not only "unknown theories" - think of all the nasty things that float around in hospitals!   :sick2:

And if you did not get all the jobs done, blame Covid and say that polish/cleaning stuff etc., (or whatever else was needed),  is not a 'necessity', so you were unable to buy any.  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

daffy

Quote from: class37025 on May 16, 2021, 05:44:13 PM
many thanks, but, has your good lady worn the bell out yet  >:D

Ha! The bell is fine. :thumbsup:

It's me that's cream crackered! :help:

:D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bealman

Glad to hear the two of you have had good news.  :thumbsup:

My best wishes for full recovery of your good ladies.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daffy

Sheila continues to be very tired and now has had to temporarily stop the Methotrexate tabs as she has some sort of infection showing in last weeks blood test. So back on antibiotics and hopefully back on course next week. She is a lot brighter now so I think the infection is a minor one. Just goes to illustrate how careful we have to be with her compromised immune system, as we are at a loss to work out how she caught anything as we have been fastidiously fastidious in keeping her away from any infection sources.

She had a follow up appointment with the hospital Eye Department this week after her double vision problems due to the vasculitis (before it was diagnosed). Just the standard appointment letter - no details, just date, time and place. She was expecting an eye scan (vasculitis can mess your eyes up a lot) and the usual long waits between seeing a nurse, the Consultant, the scan Technician, then the Consultant again. Being in a hospital environment made her very nervous due to infection risk, but the whole visit took just ten minutes as all they did was look in her eyes with a scope and declare all was well! All that nervous energy wasted!

Hopefully the appointment letter for the Vascular Consultant she received today for the end of next week will be equally unworthy of worry and stress. But as usual the letter says nothing about the whys and whats of the appointment, just the when and the who with. We expect it is just a checkup or touching base exercise, but the opening paragraph doesn't exactly make for a relaxing read: "If the clinician decides you need a procedure/operation to be done............" :o

Ah well, we are not aware of any need for that sort of thing in her case but wouldn't it be nice if they were a little more tactful in their wording of these letters so the patient had at least some idea of what the purpose of the appointment actually was?

:)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

The only silver lining I've found in these clouds in the past is that fretting/worrying about something causes me to lose weight.
I have a lot of worrying to do, it seems :-[

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations