messy problems ??

Started by davieb, January 15, 2012, 09:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pengi

My late father suffered with constipation (unconnected with his death). He did have a cancerous polyp in the bowel that was successfully removed and he lived for over 10 years afterwards having got the all clear. The constipation continued though and he had colonoscopies/endoscopies etc which ruled out any more polyps.

His doctor prescribed Fibogel and Lactulose for use everyday. The Fibogel worked to start with but after about six months it did not work so well. Lactulose was more successful. He also took Sunsweet prunes. He used to make sure he went at least once a day so that the poo did not get too solid. However the danger with straining is that it can cause a disc problem in the back.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

polo2k

Quote from: newportnobby on January 18, 2012, 01:24:38 PM
Quote from: polo2k on January 18, 2012, 01:16:50 PM
Sorry im a bot late to the "party" on this post.

Nice unintentional one, Ash :smiley-laughing: :thumbsup:

haha oops, just slipped out  >:(
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

polo2k

Pendy,
Gutted that you lost him.  :thumbsdown:

I have recently been on lots of heavy duty pain killers after doing a disc (not in the way you mentioned!). whiule pottering at home I decided to bake me a cake (butch, I know!). had a google and found one for a banana, choc and walnut cake recipe (http://www.bakingmad.com/recipes/cakes/chocolate-banana-cake). I had a half inch slice, minimum, every time I had my pills.
probably not the best for nutrition or weight loss, but:
Timing: 10/10
Consistancy: 10/10
Effort: 0.2/10

I dont want to get too graphic, but if anyone is having an issue with this area, get to the shop, buy some stuff and eat 4 slices a day at regular intervals.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mmm cake!
Cheers
-Ash-

Pengi

Thanks Polo2k, he died of vascular dementia over 5 years ago (although I lost him 'in mind' long before that). He did make a full recovery from the bowel problems although he did suffer with constipation and IBS. He loved steam trains and used to photograph them with his cine camera (particularly the Watercress line and Haven Street) and each year we bought him at least one Middleton Press book (which I now have). Funnily enough, my love of trains did not come from him though, it was my Gran that used to take me out on the electrics.

polo2k

I always love hearing good thinks like what you just posted.
At the start, its all a bit medical and morbid, then within a few sentences your entire attitude and demeanour have changed to memories and fondness, eventually triggering the love and fondness you have for your grandma.

Ive lost both my folks and always feel that when I make a statement that starts with how they died and ends with affection it demonstrates how much stronger the affection, respect and good memories are than the pain and grief of loosing them

Dont forget to remember them and keep their memories alive.
I prefer to think of myself as a man of science rather than religion*, so personally dont believe in heaven, purgatory and hell. My interpretaion of the afterlife it that the only way you will live on is through being remembered. This isnt the same as someone living on in your heart, its telling people how proud you still are to have known them. If they knew how proud you are of them im sure they would have smiled.
Make people wish they had met them, even if they never did and you will be ding their memory proud!

* The sentance with this asterisk is not meant to offend or invite comment, it is simply a statement of my beliefs and not an invitation for religion. At this point in my life I am not interested in changing this position and if I ever do, unfortunately I do not think I will pursue this on a railway forum.

ps I should have been a shrink by the looks of it! anyone want a couch session with the railway running in the background? £50/hr ;)
Cheers
-Ash-

davieb

hi all  :wave:

just got back from visiting my dad

he had another scan today and they found a bleed coming from the area around his stomach and bleeding into his abdomen  :thumbsdown:
they said that it is nothing to worry about but they will have to move him to another hospital in preston as wigan don't deal with this type of
condition  :-\

so you may find i'm not around as much as usual but don't worry you won't get rid of me that easily  :smiley-laughing:

your's a bit concerned

dave  :thumbsup:

Pengi

All the best davieb for your dad and yourself. Seems like the hospital are on the ball.

Newportnobby

Hi Dave,

Glad to hear the problem is not serious and I'm sure Preston will sort it out and you'll have a healthy Dad back soon :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations