what the...

Started by findus, January 12, 2012, 11:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

findus

SD35

Transformers IV:  Rise of the centre cabs

Griffo

It is RLG (Regionalverkehr Ruhr-Lippe GmbH) number 52 type G 1206 first into service in September 2003 with German company Mitteldeutsche Eisenbahn GmbH, number 211.

In December of that year, the locomotive was badly damaged in a collision with another of the same class. After repairs, in November 2006 was given to the RLG, with whom it remained in service until 25/07/07 when the locomotive collided head-on with WLE 34.

Because of the serious damage was finally scrapped in November 2007 in Lippstadt. Definitely just a lucky loco ...

See
WLE 34 at about 3 minutes 20.

findus

Quote from: griffo49 on January 12, 2012, 11:54:20 PM
It is RLG (Regionalverkehr Ruhr-Lippe GmbH) number 52 type G 1206 first into service in September 2003 with German company Mitteldeutsche Eisenbahn GmbH, number 211.

In December of that year, the locomotive was badly damaged in a collision with another of the same class. After repairs, in November 2006 was given to the RLG, with whom it remained in service until 25/07/07 when the locomotive collided head-on with WLE 34.

Because of the serious damage was finally demolished in November 2007 in Lippstadt. Definitely just a lucky loco ...

See
WLE 34 at about 3 minutes 20.

Thanks for that, was this something you knew or found online someplace?

the youtube clip was good, the music was a little funny  :D
its amazing the amount of damage that can be done, you would not think a machine of that size and power would bend like that..

Griffo

I could lie ...... but I'll leave that to the wife and kids!!

I'm considered to be a bit of a search engine geek by some of my friends. Others of them actually like me.

Allegedly.

jonclox

Quote from: findus on January 12, 2012, 11:31:26 PM

come across this picture but nothing to say waht had happened!

any thoughts ?

http://www.funhub.in/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/funny-train-accident-pictures.jpg
It`s suffering what my local garage would call 'cosmetic damage'. couple of tugs at either end and a few bits of fibreglass and it would be as good as new  :thumbsup:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Collie

After reading your post spent the next 5 mins trying to get rid of the fly from under the screen!!!!!! :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:  Regards collie  Post no2 coming soon!!

SD35

I have to say that's a lovely bit of ballasting at 1:45.  They must have soaked it thoroughly first to stop the ballast lifting when they drizzled the glue on.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations