speedlink freight train

Started by bluedepot, April 24, 2011, 09:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedepot

hi,

can anyone suggest some wagons i could add to my 'speedlink' rake?

i currently have these wagons:

2x VBAs (both RF)
2x OAAs (one brown one RF)
1x OBA (brown)
1x VBB (RF, peco NR-12R)

i also have 4 tube wagons (2 are peco in RF, 2 are minitrix in brown), not sure if these are suitable for speedlink though?

currently all are vans or open wagons, so would like to add some variation on this really....

if anyone knows of good websites for 80s freight train pictures let me know as well!

thanks

tim

matt-b

you want to have a look at ehattons, they got some good bargins on there packs. 4 x BDA`s £55, 4 x PCA`s £25.
that`ll boost your rake up abit.

:NGaugeForum:

bluedepot

thanks for the great replies

i think i am going to look on ebay to try and pick up a selection of these wagons

what about tank wagons?

has anyone got links to good pics of speedlink trains?

i think these are really good trains to model because you can have such variety of wagons, it looks a bit more interesting...

tim

porkie

it was common to see 3 or 4 tta's on a flow, taking fuel to TMD's.
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

Claude Dreyfus

Tank wagons were not unusual on these types of workings; although they were mainly the 4-wheelers, such as TTAs. It depends on how strict you wish to be...PECO make a variety of tank wagons in various liveries that may fit the bill..albeit with some imagination...

bluedepot

can you suggest any suitable TTA liveries for me? I may add a few onto the rake, and also i could shunt them over to the diesel fueling point as well sometimes...

thanks

tim

bluedepot

thanks i will look out for some TTAs, i've just seen some farish ones in Shell or BP that might do for fuel, will look at the Peco ones as well...

I like these grainflow wagons:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48702543@N08/4456546285/in/photostream

also like this 4 wheel cargowaggon:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48702543@N08/4457360824/in/photostream

Tim

porkie

you can get polybulk graneflow wagons in kit form if you join The N Gauge socity..

bluedepot

i joined n gauge society

yup that's cool, when i get a bit more confident at modelling i might get a kit. how easy is it to build?

tim

porkie

I wouldnt know as ive never built that kit. I have some of their other kits which turned out fine 8)
If you look on ebay their are some polybulk kit on their at the moment :thumbsup:
:Class37: :NGFWagonTour: :NGFWagonTour: :Class31:

bluedepot

i'm thinking i'll add a few BDAs and a few VGAs... and then it'll be enough for a medium length speedlink train, just looking for good prices now.

i like the dapol ferry wagons with cargowaggon on the side, but i think they are just too long wheelbases so would look a bit strange... and take up too much space in the fiddle yard...

i'm getting into wagons was reading about all the TOPS codes at work.... i never thought i'd end up this sad!!! hahahaha

tim

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations