Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: N-Gauge-US on March 25, 2017, 09:37:40 PM
Those baseboard kits look very nice. I may have to look to see if someone stateside makes a similar series of products.  :hmmm:

I'm sure if anyone would know it would be 'Fifer' (Mike) who is a forum member.

daffy

It's a great day! :thumbsup:

With my physical health at a real low and my mental health having all the qualities of a blacksmiths forge just before the Charge of the Light Brigade, my wife and I have booked a 4 night break in Portsmouth starting on Sunday. Weather looks set fair, but come rain or shine it'll be marvellous.  :D

Must look out any good rail stores in the town.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Yet_Another

From personal experience, if you're going by car, make sure you take everything out of it when you go into the hotel if you still want to possess it in the morning.

Also, if you want to do the historic dockyard thing, get there as early as possible.

But it's a nice part of the world, enjoy your trip  :)
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

daffy

Thanks for the tips. :thumbsup:

Never leave anything in my car as a force of habit for the same reasons as you, though my experience was in Doncaster. :veryangry:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

I used to leave my wife in the car but obviously no one else wanted her either.
Damn - I guess this should be in the Unhappy or Angry Thread

daveg

Quote from: newportnobby on March 29, 2017, 03:40:20 PM
I used to leave my wife in the car but obviously no one else wanted her either.
Damn - I guess this should be in the Unhappy or Angry Thread

My grandpa said he got shot of my mum by putting an ad in Exchange & Mart. The incentive (apparently) was he threw in a packet of Typhoo!

Loved that old chap!

Dave G

Skyline2uk

Just a very quick post to say I am happy to be both alive and capable of posting, which means I survived my Stag Do.

There were moments on Saturday night / Sunday morning when it wasn't a sure thing...  :goggleeyes:

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

It must have been a good one for you to take so long to let us know of your survival !

Skyline2uk

Quote from: newportnobby on March 29, 2017, 04:06:16 PM
It must have been a good one for you to take so long to let us know of your survival !

Indeed it was.

I am DEFINATELY not touching Sambucka again though.

Skyline2uk

Malc

Quote from: Skyline2uk on March 29, 2017, 04:16:56 PM

Indeed it was.

Skyline2uk
I was in an Italian restaurant one evening when a guy at a table near me ordered a Sambucka. As usual, it came with a floating coffee bean and alight. He was trying to impress his partner and took a sip, not noticing the faint blue flame. He obviously burnt himself, but the sudden blast of air from his lungs as he got burnt, turned the drink into a flamethrower. Very spectacular and very funny.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Malc on March 29, 2017, 06:17:10 PM
Quote from: Skyline2uk on March 29, 2017, 04:16:56 PM

Indeed it was.

Skyline2uk
I was in an Italian restaurant one evening when a guy at a table near me ordered a Sambucka. As usual, it came with a floating coffee bean and alight. He was trying to impress his partner and took a sip, not noticing the faint blue flame. He obviously burnt himself, but the sudden blast of air from his lungs as he got burnt, turned the drink into a flamethrower. Very spectacular and very funny.

Sounds like I got off lightly!

Skyline2uk

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: Skyline2uk on March 29, 2017, 04:01:58 PM
Just a very quick post to say I am happy to be both alive and capable of posting, which means I survived my Stag Do.

There were moments on Saturday night / Sunday morning when it wasn't a sure thing...  :goggleeyes:

Skyline2uk

Congratulations are in order! I hadn't seen you post about the impending nuptials, but may they bring you many years of bliss (and much less sambucca!). Philip
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

Skyline2uk

Thanks mate

It's all the sweeter as the Mrs to be had the idea of going to see Canada on "The Rocky Mountaineer".

Skyline2uk

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: Skyline2uk on March 29, 2017, 07:19:28 PM
Thanks mate

It's all the sweeter as the Mrs to be had the idea of going to see Canada on "The Rocky Mountaineer".

Skyline2uk

Good lass! Enjoy the journey :)
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

joe cassidy

Quote from: daffy on March 29, 2017, 03:02:04 PM
It's a great day! :thumbsup:

With my physical health at a real low and my mental health having all the qualities of a blacksmiths forge just before the Charge of the Light Brigade, my wife and I have booked a 4 night break in Portsmouth starting on Sunday. Weather looks set fair, but come rain or shine it'll be marvellous.  :D

Must look out any good rail stores in the town.

I recommend :

1) the aquarium at Southsea
2) after  the aquarium, a return trip to the Isle of Wight by small hovercraft
3) visit to Gilbert White's house at Selbourne, followed by pub lunch
4) visit to Alresford, followed by return trip to Alton on the Watercress Line

Best regards,

Joe

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77