Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tidbury

I would like to WISH YOU ALL A HEALTHY WEALTHY AND HAPPY NEW YEAR Before the Internet  crashes later on .
Bob and Val

dannyboy

Happy New Year to you all. For those who had a good 2015, may it continue and for the others, who had 'one or two' not so good moments, remember, you have to have  :thumbsdown: days in order that you can appreciate the  :thumbsup: days - may things improve for you in 2016.  :beers: David.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

fatso

Always looking on the bright side of life

austinbob

My Dad, who is now 96, lives in sheltered accomodation. Recently his mobility has gone down hill very quickly. Earlier this week he lost his balance in his flat and fell over. I received a phone call and all I could hear was rustling and random noises and assumed it was just a hoax call (we get them all the time) and hung  up. BUT - something made me dial 1471 to see who called, expecting to get a number with held message, but it was my Dad's number. I called back and found that he had had a fall and couldn't get up again. Rushed round to sort it out and then said to Dad he shouldn't be by himself anymore expecting, cos he's a stubborn old dude, that he'd say "I can still manage by myself". But no, he agreed and said "can you find somewhere safer for me to say".
We organised a few visits to care homes, all of which we had visited a few months ago, and took him to the first today - expecting the worst - that there was no way he was going to stay in a home.
Wrong, wrong wrong... He loved the atmosphere of the home, talked with the residents and the Manager and had a very good experience.
We told the manager we had some other homes to visit and would let them know.
As soon as we got out to the car Dad said "this is where I want to stay" so he'll be moving in, in a couple of weeks.
That is such a load off me and SWMBO's mind and we are so happy that he wants to give up his sheltered flat and move to the care home.

The clouds have lifted and everyone is happy - brilliant.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

dannyboy

Bob, that is so nice to hear, - I hope he will be very happy and it must be a weight of Mrs Bobs and your minds.  :). David.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

austinbob

Quote from: dannyboy on January 07, 2016, 07:43:43 PM
Bob, that is so nice to hear, - I hope he will be very happy and it must be a weight of Mrs Bobs and your minds.  :). David.
Thanks - that is a very kind thought.
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

MikeDunn

That'll certainly help you ... my Mum's not as old, but also insists on staying at home alone :(  It's a worry, especially as I'm a couple hundred miles from her  :(

But glad you're sorted  :thumbsup:

austinbob

Quote from: MikeDunn on January 07, 2016, 08:40:49 PM
That'll certainly help you ... my Mum's not as old, but also insists on staying at home alone :(  It's a worry, especially as I'm a couple hundred miles from her  :(

But glad you're sorted  :thumbsup:
Thanks Mike. It is a relief that he will (hopefully) be properly looked after.
It is a load off our minds that we won't be waiting for 'that phone call' from his current sheltered housing flat.

Bob Austin

joe cassidy

Bob,

I'm glad you found a safe/happy haven for your Dad.

Is his new home a local inititiative or is part of something which is country-wide in the UK ?

Best regards,

Joe

austinbob

Quote from: joe cassidy on January 07, 2016, 09:32:11 PM
Bob,

I'm glad you found a safe/happy haven for your Dad.

Is his new home a local inititiative or is part of something which is country-wide in the UK ?

Best regards,

Joe
It's a local care home (part of a local group I believe) - only 10 minutes away - so the family can go see him any time.

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

It's never the best of decisions to have to make but I am so pleased your Dad recognised he has a problem and that you have found him a place where he'll be happy and watched while you and your wife don't worry every time the phone rings.
Lovely to hear all are happy with the arrangement.

daveg

That's good news and a great weight off your mind, I'm sure.

I hope your dad has a long and happy stay in his new home.

Dave G

jonclox

John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

MikeDunn

Given the date - shouldn't that be either 50 weeks early or 2 weeks late  :P

MalcolmInN

Orthodox ?

EDIT : Nope that doesnt work either, that was yesterday !

EDIT EDIT : I propose Rule 2 " Thou shall celebrate Xmas on any day of thine own choosing, provided you dont tell your Significant Other"  :laugh3:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations