Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulprice

I'M MEGA HAPPY TODAY

The Domestic Overlord has said I can spend the day working on my layout, an entire day to work on it, how lucky a little boy am I  :angel: :angel: :angel:

That is of course after we have visited the local garden centre, and then the local supermarket so I can buy what "We" would like for dinner, then after I have done that and prepped the meal, I can then work on my layout while the meal is cooking.

Then once all the dishes are done, I can spend even more time on my layout, well before I have to go to bed early so I can get up at 4am to get ready for an early start at work........SOME OF US ARE JUST BORN LUCKY  ::) ::) ::)

Try not to get to jealous

Sprintex

Sounds more like Herr Flick of the Gestapo rather than a wife/partner ::)

I'm spending the day doing what the hell I want, so is Clare for that matter, sometimes we both want to do the same things at the same time (no mucky thoughts you lot) ;)

Oh, and a 4am start is a lay-in to some of us! :D

Paul

Malc

When I was working, it was a 3am start on Mondays, to get the 6am flight from Birmingham airport. Now I'm retired, 8am is a lie in.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

Yep, Malc, it would be. And I think that Sprintex secretly masochistically likes his shift.  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

MikeDunn

Well, I've finally gotten a round tuit & it fits my RasPi  ::)

After quite some time meaning to get JMRI onto my RasPi, it's finally happened.  Got a wireless dongle the other week, and have been experimenting with the build; managed to get rather annoyed with the ProfFalken scripts as that managed to screw up my remote access to the point I formatted the SD card in disgust & tried again - and had the same thing happen  :o 

So I dug around further & found an alternate manual method, and this saw JMRI working and not locking me out of a remote session !  Add to that, I also managed to connect in my Sprog and (after another struggle - I'm not a Linux fan  :thumbsdown:) I got a loco running on my rolling road, and also had the sound working  :thumbsup:

And to cap things off - Engine Driver on my Kindle Fire works too  :claphappy:

So I'm rather chuffed ( :sorrysign: ) with it all  :D  Another step forwards in getting the N layout working  :angel:  Oh well ... back to my OU project now  :'(

GeeBee

Just got back from the The North Somerset Model Show at the Helicopter Museum 2nd long day out since hospital and I did not buy anything  :claphappy:  :claphappy:  :claphappy:

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: GeeBee on July 12, 2015, 10:48:39 PM
Just got back from the The North Somerset Model Show at the Helicopter Museum 2nd long day out since hospital and I did not buy anything  :claphappy:  :claphappy:  :claphappy:

What a shame - I'm sure a 12" to 1' scale Westland Wessex would look great on the layout!  :D

Seriously though, yes, I think the Helicopter Museum is a great place for any aircraft enthusiast to spend a few hours and, compared to say Duxford, Hendon or Cosford, one of the (almost unsung) air museums in the UK.
As I extend my layout around the coast it is still in my mind to add a small aircraft museum alongside the line.
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

dannyboy

This post should really start in the 'angry' bit and then transfer to the 'happy' bit - driving home from work Wednesday morning, the car started running rough, as though it was mis-firing. The engine malfunction light started flashing, then would stop for a few minutes and then start again. "Oh dear", (or words to that effect), thinks me! So I pick up SWMBO, take her to work and then sit outside the garage for an hour waiting for them to open. I explain the problem and the diagnostic machine shows an unidentifiable problem - so much for modern technology  :veryangry:. I again explain the problem and the mechanic says "Ah, I think I know the problem" He fits a new coil pack and lo and behold, the engine is running sweet gain. The coil pack was corroded  ??? . Bear in mind that the car is only 2 years old and has done 61K km, (about 38K miles). What makes this rant into the 'happy' thread is the fact that it was covered under warranty, so I did not have to pay over Euro300 to get it fixed. The mechanic actually said that modern cars have too much electronics that are not suited to the Irish climate  :o - might have to move back to Yorkshire  :). So if you get a similar problem, suggest the coil pack to save some time!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

MikeDunn

Just back from Hereford where I spent far too long in Hereford Models  ::)

Saw a nice set of LNERs there; almost went for the A2 Peppercorn, but in the end an O6 3107 grabbed my attention ... an old model, I know, but it fits the bill for a freight loco for me  :angel:  The number drops right into '46 so given the layout will be a little pre-War through to early Nationalisation it will go nicely with the others  :D

Mike

PS - didn't think any N Pendolinos were made prior to Rev Trains work ?  Am I wrong here ?

railsquid

IIRC there is a BachFar or Dapol model of the other (diesel?) train which looks like the Pendolino but isn't.

MikeDunn

Curious ... wonder what's in the Dapol box with the Pendolino label then  ???

railsquid

Quote from: MikeDunn on July 25, 2015, 03:23:07 PM
Curious ... wonder what's in the Dapol box with the Pendolino label then  ???
Possibly an OO Pendolino?

MikeDunn

Not unless someone hit it with a shrink ray  :P  This is certainly N.

Further Googling shows it must be the Pretendolino Book Set ...

Bob Tidbury

Do you mean the Voyager which was produced by both Dapol and Bachman /Farish.
Bob

MikeDunn

Are they labelled "Pendolino" ?  ::)

See my above post re the Book Set.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations