The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NinOz

Is a tyre liner what we in oz call an inner-tube (inflatable rubber ring)?
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Newportnobby

Don't you just hate it when you order something and pay via paypal, only to then be told the items were not in stock. Sorry, but if you have a website customers should able to see something is not available and so not be able to order. Very disappointing and am not a happy bunny >:(

Bealman

I think I just ordered and paid for something from bangood which isn't in stock.  >:(
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

RailGooner

ebay help. Need I say more(!)? :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

NScaleNotes

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 05, 2019, 12:29:44 PM
Don't you just hate it when you order something and pay via paypal, only to then be told the items were not in stock. Sorry, but if you have a website customers should able to see something is not available and so not be able to order. Very disappointing and am not a happy bunny >:(

Yeah, it stings even more when you pay for next day delivery because you need it quickly too.  :veryangry:
Must see if I can get a refund on the delivery for the items I ordered.

Bealman

I'm old fashioned.

It's basically old fashioned mail order from those catalogues, brought up to date, for heaven's sake! Can't people wait anymore?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

NScaleNotes

Quote from: Bealman on September 09, 2019, 10:50:59 AM
It's basically old fashioned mail order from those catalogues, brought up to date, for heaven's sake! Can't people wait anymore?

Well that's me told then  :confused2:  :D

Sometimes you need something quickly, normally I'm happy to wait and don't expect too much but... I think it's similar to needing something urgently and phoning a distant bricks and mortar place that tells you they have it in stock, then traveling out there only to be told on arrival they don't actually have it. That's all we're saying.

Newportnobby

I'm old fashioned.

We know.

for heaven's sake! Can't people wait anymore?

Sometimes, but why should you wait if you have paid for an offered quicker service.
At least, that's what the nice lady down Preston Docks told me last night

guest311

"At least, that's what the nice lady down Preston Docks told me last night"

hope you were careful, wouldn't want you falling in ;D

Newportnobby

And if anyone on the forum won on a Fleabay bid for 2 Dapol fish vans last night - we hates you, don't we, precioussssss >:(

honestjudge

I just settled a dispute today.

Ordered some bargain wagons (specials) from a well known manufacturer the other month which weeks later never arrived. I contacted them asking when/ if they sent them.
" yes they have gone out, check with your sorting office" came the reply from the company.

"Need a tracking number" said the sorting office

I contacted the well known company again requesting a tracking number so I could follow things up at this end but this time never got a reply from them.

After a few days I contacted Paypal and opened a case. The short of it was that the company had never actually sent the items out, probably some distribution mistake.  I got my refund, but I am a bit disappointed that it needed me to go down this avenue when if the company had looked into this matter  when I first contacted them we could have got to the bottom of this.

I did notice the companys policy states they are not liable if things get lost during shipping, I wonder if this has ever been tested?

Newportnobby

Quote from: honestjudge on September 10, 2019, 12:42:42 AM

I did notice the companys policy states they are not liable if things get lost during shipping, I wonder if this has ever been tested?

Unless they could prove via the Royal Mail or courier they had sent it I'm not sure they'd get away with that. It would be their word against yours and would probably end up in the small claims court.

On a separate note, I can see why I hardly ever buy from Fleabay as I'm being bombarded with follow up mails saying I missed out on the fish vans 'but we're sending you other similar items you may be interested in.' Yeah right. There's nothing similar at all needless to say ::)

dannyboy

I may be wrong, but I believe when you buy through the internet, the contract is that you pay for the item and the supplier supplies it to you. If it is lost in transit, the supplier has not complied with the contract as it has not been supplied to you and they would have to take the matter up with the delivery company. I have noticed that a few companies state that you should insure the delivery, but this should not be necessary.

@Newportnobby
I think there is a facility Mick to stop these sort of emails. Will have to check later.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Nick

Quote from: honestjudge on September 10, 2019, 12:42:42 AMI did notice the company's policy states they are not liable if things get lost during shipping, I wonder if this has ever been tested?
My understanding is that under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, S29(2):

The goods remain at the trader's risk until they come into the physical possession of—
(a)the consumer, or
(b)a person identified by the consumer to take possession of the goods.

I don't think that can be overridden by T's & C's. In a commercial contract, absolutely, but not in a consumer one. The only "out" appears to be if the consumer has arranged carriage by a carrier not suggested by the trader. Which is fair enough.
Nick

The perfect is the enemy of the good - Voltaire

guest311

is it me, or is there a growing trend towards bad manners ?

recently a member PM'd me to see if I still had some locos for sale, initially for one loco, then for four.

I sent him the list of what was available, and explained the costing, and said I'd check once I knew exactly which he wanted.

no reply though he was on and off line several times, and had showed as checking his messages.

after a couple of days of this, I again PMd him asking if he was still interested, or if the cost was too much.

after a couple more days of him on and off line and no response I decided that he just couldn't be bothered, and deleted his PMs.

an isolated incident ?

not really.

during my recent sale of stock and locos, one member requested photos of a loco, then nothing more heard, and two members requested specific items, one freight stock and the other mk.1s, but once lists sent of what was available, nothing heard.

am I expecting too much to get a reply, even if only of 'sorry, changed my mind / too expensive / etc' or is this the general level of manners to be expected these days ?

:veryangry:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations