Graham Farish 2019

Started by guest2, January 14, 2019, 12:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedepot

i have pre-ordered

class 14 green  (assume it is dcc ready now?)
class 47/7 res with sound
class 37 mainline
mk2a tso regional railways

i'm very tempted with the blue discs class 40 and provincial class 150 as well... plus one or two more coaches...   i mean might as well just sign up for loads as got a good few years until the bill arrives!

tim

gc4946

Quote from: Paddy on January 14, 2019, 09:09:49 PM
Quote from: Portpatrick on January 14, 2019, 08:04:31 PM
Well at a pinch I might be tempted by a Class 40 in green with the 2 box indicators.   And could be by a Peak in that format if it appeared.   I would be more tempted by the green and cream WHL pair if the TSO was also available separately so I could make something approaching a decent rake.  Or did they actually run in Break and full open pairs?  Though for Allanbrae I would prefer the current Jacobite livery - it was dark red when I rode it in 2003.  So I will probably pass on those and also the rest.  Got more wagons than I need for both layouts already!

Interesting choice of the split head code box Class 40.  I thought Bachmann said they would not produce this variant as it is the Great Train Robbery loco?

Paddy

The loco involved in the robbery was D326, Farish are doing it as D338
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Pete @ EGLM

Farish must have known i've just finished repainting some more HHAs into National Power and DBS!  I reckon I'll have to get them on the bay sharpish!

Pete @EGLM

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Pete @ EGLM on January 14, 2019, 09:55:11 PM
Farish must have known i've just finished repainting some more HHAs into National Power and DBS!  I reckon I'll have to get them on the bay sharpish!

Pete @EGLM

Pete, have you weathered the NP ones?

Skyline2uk

Pete @ EGLM

Hi Skyline,
I've weathered some- I've tried to put a picture up, but it's always such a struggle.  I'll put a picture on Facebook NGF

Pete @EGLM

ohlavache

I can see some interesting wagons.
Especially the conflat with 'Mac Fisheries' containers. I'm sure my daughter will appreciate to know we are carrying fish.  :D

One question.
I've noted this one: 377-629 BR 12T Ventilated Van Plywood Doors BR Departmental Rail Stores
What are "Rail Stores" wagons used for ?
Thanks.

Roy L S

Happy enough with this announcement. The weathered Standard Five will certainly be on my order list, along with the weathered 4F and another J39. Could be tempted by another Class 24 too as they are an easy sound fit.

8F already ordered and a short rake of B&C Thompsons.

Roy

nookfield

Quote from: ohlavache on January 14, 2019, 10:31:55 PM
I've noted this one: 377-629 BR 12T Ventilated Van Plywood Doors BR Departmental Rail Stores
What are "Rail Stores" wagons used for ?

Rail Stores was the parts delivery network set up by BR to deliver parts between workshops on the BR network. 

westie7

Scotrail 2 coach pack , TSO and BG

BUT no TSO available on its own?

red_death

Quote from: Portpatrick on January 14, 2019, 08:04:31 PM
  I would be more tempted by the green and cream WHL pair if the TSO was also available separately so I could make something approaching a decent rake.  Or did they actually run in Break and full open pairs?  Though for Allanbrae I would prefer the current Jacobite livery - it was dark red when I rode it in 2003. 

The green and cream mk2s and 101 trailer as an observation car primarily ran on the Kyle line rather than the WHL and did run in shorter rakes at times but I can't remember the shortest formation or if it ever ran on the WHL.

Cheers Mike

Hailstone

I asked for the Chocolate and cream RU at Ally Pally 2 years ago and by direct email to Bachman, looks like they actually listened! that, a birdcage set and a Wainwright C will do quite enough damage to my wallet without taking into account 2 kings and a revolution 56xx thank you very much!

Regards,

Alex

Bealman

I must admit that experimenting with sound appeals to me, and being a DC dino, it's great to see sound fitted locomotives for DC as well digital. I'm very interested in acquiring one, of any flavour. St Paddy or another Class 14. I'm very fond of my existing teddy bear.

Got me beat how they're doing the sound though, as the whole DC concept uses varying voltage. How will the volume be kept constant?  :hmmm:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

1936ace

Ouch! Some of those prices are insane. The mk2 coaches that I pre ordered for £16 at Hatton's are now over £38

Chris Morris

I have a number of sound equipped G scale locos and love them. I have yet to hear an N gauge loco with sound (or even 00) that hasn't left me totally underwhelmed. Despite improvements in speaker technology I reckon 0 is as small as you can go and get sound that is anything like it should be.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Bealman

Yes. When I visited Webbo in 2017, he has a G locomotive chuffing around on a shelf above his excellent N gauge layout.

I was impressed!

However, I'm willing to give this Farish sound a go, and then make my own decisions.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations