PROJECT RAILWAY HONOUR BREAKS COVER

Started by acko22, September 11, 2016, 08:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alibuchan

Quote from: acko22 on January 14, 2017, 06:16:08 PM

SHHH, people will think I have started to evolve and stopped using crayons!!  :confused1:

That was a good read and I agree with the sentiments too, 'get it delayed, to get it right'.

Quite impressive considering you have only just moved away from crayons. Was it a felt tip or pencil job?

Well done Gareth. You've done a cracking job so far.

Can't wait to get my grubby hands on the model and to see (and support) the next loco.

Alistair

Graham

thanks Gareth, great read and credit to you and the whole team for getting this off the ground, look forward to receiving mine in due course. As it is shipping down under you should also be able to claim the VAT back which should add another 20 quid or so to the charity.

cheers
Graham

acko22

Quote from: alibuchan on January 15, 2017, 12:32:31 AM

Was it a felt tip or pencil job?

Felt tip although really upset the tutti fruity one didnt taste as expected!!  :'(
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

RailGooner

Thank you Gareth. The newsletter as a whole was a very enjoyable read. I was genuinely moved by the last chapter on Pte W Wood VC. I believe it's important to hear stories of individuals. Especially for those of us who are fortunate not to have personally sacrificed or lost, yet have benefited from the sacrifices that many millions have made over the centuries. Important to remember the big numbers, but important too to remember that it's individuals that make up those big numbers.

acko22

Quote from: Graham on January 15, 2017, 12:42:49 AM
As it is shipping down under you should also be able to claim the VAT back which should add another 20 quid or so to the charity.

Well on the tax note, especially for those who order from abroad and are VAT exempt.
The project is actually tax free as it falls outside the VAT limits so no matter where you are the UK or Australia no tax will be taken out so all the profit is going direct the ABF - The soldiers Charity

On Another note I have had an email this week which I have literally just opened (as I have been living with the trees and ice this week) Dapol have received the second deco sample which I will be collecting in person next week when I stop playing Army.
When I get my hands on it I will be checking it over and if I am happy I will be making a trip to freightliner HQ to get their sign off then we will be pushing for the first possible spot on the production line!

Regards

Gareth
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

RailGooner

Quote from: acko22 on January 27, 2017, 10:13:29 PM
.. Dapol have received the second deco sample which I will be collecting in person next week when I stop playing Army. ...
:bounce: Great news Gareth. I know you'll post pics as soon as you're able to, please.  :D

acko22

Hi All,

Well I am back from living like a tramp! Today after work I made a visit to Dapol to collect the second deco sample and have a detailed look over it, there is a few very minor tidy up points which will be dealt with.

This is the good bit now with them points noted and been fired off to China, now the bit that well brings great relief and joy for me!!
With the minor tidy up points THE PRH CLASS 66 "PATRIOT - IN MEMORY OF FALLEN RAILWAY EMPLOYEES" WILL BE GOING INTO PRODUCTION BY THE END OF THE MONTH!! I know it isn't as speedy as was hoped but I wanted to make sure it was right!
The aim is to have the models in the UK no later than the York Show, those that have pre-ordered will receive them as soon as is reasonably possible, although I will have a busy few days boxing and shipping as both Mike and Ben know too well its a big job!!

I will get pictures up as and when possible!

Regards

Gareth

Graham

Well done Gareth, look forward to it running down under.
cheers
Graham

Smiffy

Congratulations Gareth.

Looking forward to seeing the photos and fingers crossed the models arrive as planned.

Thanks

Iain

Mustermark

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

acko22

Hi All,

Well I am now finally getting a sit down with the model and had a chance to take pictures which I will run through editing and making sure they are professional (was as good as I can get).

But a quick simple teaser of what will be posted later on

Cheers for now,

Gareth

Wave

Wow ! Looks great ! Can't wait to see the other pics Gareth. Well done again to you and all the guys at Revolution for making this happen.

Cheers - Wave

RailGooner

acko22

Hi All,

Ok so the second sample model well:

Dapol have been working hard to make things come together and they have done a cracking job, straight from the off they have corrected the one glaring oversight made in china the buffer beam which is now black as it was on the day!

Just as the real locomotive Dapol have also ensured that the name plates are not on the same level, for those that have seen PATRIOT in real life on one side the name plates are lower this is due to equipment inside the engine bay.

Keeping it totally inline with the aim of the project Dapol are doing everything they can to pack every little bit of detail in to have the model representing 66418 in the day including, painting the top of the steps white the real locomotive was on the 11th November 2016 when named.

This is the second sample and Freightliner, myself and Dapol are happy with the samples and we are pressing ahead with production, there is a few notes and a little bit of tidying but Dapol and their guys have come up trumps with the 2nd sample.

Again I take this as a chance to thank all those who have been involved with this project, Dapol, Freightliner and Revolution Trains ( @Ben A , @red_death ) these are the people who deserve all the praise as these are the guys who have been willing to use their expertise give their time and help me take this project from pieces of paper to where it stands today!

Models are still available to purchase at

http://www.revolutiontrains.com/product/dapol-66418-patriot-limited-edition/

At £105 each + Postage and Packaging.

As I said the other day the models are now in for production at the end of the month with them been in the UK for York where I will be onhand with my own running example of PATRIOT.

Regards

Gareth

Mustermark

Fantastic Gareth. That looks really great. 

:greatpicturessign: :thankyousign:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations