Dapol HST East Coast

Started by marco neri, June 15, 2019, 08:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marco neri

Hi,
About the title....that  livery is still in use?...compatible with the other GWR one?
(If not....for me rule#1 is always in use :D)
Thank you.

Marco

...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

RailGooner

East Coast (East Coast Main Line Company) were superseded by London North Eastern Railway. They operated North-South services along the East coast mainline route. Great Western Railway (First Greater Western Limited) operate East-West services.

But as you say Marco, they can happily run together under Rule #1. :beers:

marco neri

Quote from: RailGooner on June 15, 2019, 08:23:56 PM
East Coast (East Coast Main Line Company) were superseded by London North Eastern Railway. They operated North-South services along the East coast mainline route. Great Western Railway (First Greater Western Limited) operate East-West services.

But as you say Marco, they can happily run together under Rule #1. :beers:

Thanks so much for clear explaining... :beers:

davidinyork

And East Coast livery was actually National Express livery with the branding changed following NX getting the boot.

Subsequently all the Mk4 sets and 91s got plain grey (silver on the first ones), and a number of the HST power cars were painted in the grey too plus one Mk3 set (ex-EMT) being vinylled grey.

The whole lot was swept away when Virgin took over and vinyled everything in red and white. When they in turn got the boot, the Virgin branding was replaced by LNER.

Can't remember exactly when the first GWR green set appeared and whether this was around at the same time as the East Coast livery.

crewearpley40

gwr began operating in February 1996 as Great Western Trains,
In December 1998 it became First Great Western,The whole company was rebranded as Great Western Railway (GWR) on 20 September 2015 and introduced a green livery in recognition of the former Great Western Railway to answer davidin york's point

marco neri

Many thanks to all....

Marco

crewearpley40

anymore questions we will be happy to answer

marco neri

Hi,
In the meanwhile.....it seems to be arrived at shops the Virgin East Coast version.

Marco

robert shrives

Yes in shops now and looking very good !
Robert

monkey_brains

Quote from: robert shrives on June 20, 2019, 04:01:18 PM
Yes in shops now and looking very good !
Robert

Looking forward to a parcel from Leigh Collett now!
A keen modern image modeller in N Gauge, the latest creation I am working on is Cottingfield - an N Gauge Rule 1 Layout

Plotting has started on a DC controlled layout for the trains I can't easily convert to DCC North Wroxham - an N Gauge Modern Era Layout

Vonzack

My set arrived from Hattons yesterday and it looks superb. Just waiting to run it in and chip it.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

MacRat

How likely is it that Fox Transfer or someone else makes LNER transfers to go over the Virgin Logo?
I'm tempted, to get one to.

Edit: Found this from Railtec: https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=3584

Vonzack

Thought somebody might beat me to this, but here is a pic and some video of the VTEC set running on the clubs layout.

https://youtu.be/ESsNeHwMpaQ

davidinyork

The grilles are the wrong colour!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations