Fowler 4F to Maunsell Q

Started by Bob G, February 07, 2018, 05:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris in Prague

Quote from: Southerngooner on March 13, 2020, 12:31:05 PM
Check out the Tiny Underground Models Facebook site for a new 3D printed Q body to fit a 4F chassis and N tender. It looks good, and uses parts from N Brass to detail the shell. I've got all the bits so my order will be going in soon!

Dave

Yes, Dave. I saw that, today, and it looks very good but very expensive as it requires 2 locos! However, the N loco. chassis can go under a 3D printed W tank. That leaves a 4F tender. 8-(

Southerngooner

Yes, I'm lucky in that I already have a 4F bought fairly cheaply, plus the N tender left from my W conversion (which I must post about soon). All in all I think it's around £40 for the body and N Brass parts, plus a 4F chassis, plus the tender....quite a bit. But it looks a good model and saves a lot of cutting and shutting hopefully!

Dave
Dave

Builder of "Brickmakers Lane" and member of "James Street" operating team.

Dorsetmike

How did you get the W print to fit the N chassis???????? I broke the steps off one trying to get the steps to clear the motion; I've so far chickened out on trying the second one, the broken step one will probably end up as a K class "river" tank, although that will require invoking Rule 1 to allow a K class to run on exLSWR lines in the mid to late 1930s.

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Southerngooner

Hi Mike

I promise I'll finally get round to posting about progress on the W over the weekend. I think I'm ready to start final assembly, with the steps being the only significant outstanding issue. I'm going to do some tests with my N to see how steps can fit and remain in place on a working chassis too, so watch this space!

Dave
Dave

Builder of "Brickmakers Lane" and member of "James Street" operating team.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations