Adding photographs to a post

Started by Madann01, December 22, 2018, 07:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madann01

Spent most of the night trying to attach or display photo's to a post :sleep: Firstly I have managed to upload the pictures to 'My Gallery' but although going through pressing what I think are the correct buttons on the post page, nothing appears?
  Could someone please tell me the best way of doing this? Have been searching through the forum for answers but keep going around in circles, My photo's are just simple files taken on a tablet computer and stored on my PC, :confused2:
. Also have lost many of half written posts by having to leave the page to look elsewhere on the forum, is it possible to save the post and return to it later?

:helpneededsign:

Bealman

I'm having trouble posting photos too.

There is still ongoing work going on. Hopefully all will be well soon.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

port perran

There is a new version of gallery currently being installed.
I think we have to wait until Tank tells is it's all working properly.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Madann01

Hi, am aware that there are a few issues kicking around with the gallery but am I getting the mechanics right ? I'm pressing the add image to post button and get a pop up screen with choices of where to upload  picture to in the gallery? How do I reference the picture to be used? Can I add photos  directly without going via the gallery? Can I try cut and paste?

Must be something simple I am doing wrong, but what are the steps required to get a photo on to a post? What should I be seeing? I have read through many posts about resizing photos and other technical things with links involved, far too complicated for little old me, Have only just got to grips with using the computer,
Your guidance would be very much appreciated,  :help:

Bealman

At the moment, I can't help, because the procedure I have used for seven years isn't working.

Some members are using Flickr, dropbox and similar stuff with success.

A waiting game!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

port perran

I'm in the same boat as Bealman.
I've just been playing around and find that Flickr works just fine and it's feee.
I'll post a pic on my Port Perran/Trepol Bay thread in a mo to check it works.
I'm using an ipad but I guess the sequence of events will be roughly the same on a phone or PC.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Snowwolflair

The system is working perfectly well and as it should if you don't try and load a photo that is too big.

Train Waiting

That's a very interesting photograph of a fabulous layout.  Thank you.
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Train Waiting on December 22, 2018, 09:32:15 AM
That's a very interesting photograph of a fabulous layout.  Thank you.

Its a small part of Bob Tidbury's layout and it is quite a spectacle.

Madann01

Think I've cracked it managed to attach photo to this post but have deleted it so as to try and add to another post on a different board,
Photo. Quality not brilliant but that's something to be worked on :camera:
:thankyousign:

Nice photo by Snowwolflair, stunning looking layout, something to aspire to. :drool:

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Madann01 on December 22, 2018, 07:53:44 AM
Also have lost many of half written posts by having to leave the page to look elsewhere on the forum, is it possible to save the post and return to it later?

:helpneededsign:
If you're going to write a long post, write it in Notepad first then copy/paste into the page text box.

If you need to check something on the forum (or elsewhere) while writing a post directly into the page, open another browser tab and use that to find what you're looking for.

PS, no problem at all with "Add image to post", it's been working fine yesterday and today

Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Railwaygun

/Gallery (top of page)/Add multiple items works very well for single photos and is much easier to use
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Dorsetmike

Quote. Also have lost many of half written posts by having to leave the page to look elsewhere on the forum, is it possible to save the post and return to it later?

Easy, just open a second tab then open a new copy of the forum (or any other site) on that one and do your searches, copy anything you need on that then go back to the first tab (which still has your part completed post) to continue that post and paste anything you copied.

(Some forums have an auto save, so you can restore the auto saved work if you need to chack on something else, don't think NGF has that though (yet?))
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Tank

The new version of SMF Forum is rumoured to have this feature built it, however, I'll look into a modication to see if we can incorporate it into the current version.  Good idea though.

Tank

This has now been added as a feature.  I believe that the saved post is stored on your profile/account settings.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations