gwr clerestory coaches

Started by brbluewill, January 03, 2012, 04:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brbluewill

sorry if this is a silly question but were these coaches ever made for n gauge by farish etc if not does anyone know of any kits available cheers
Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

EtchedPixels

Quote from: gwrwill on January 03, 2012, 04:30:26 PM
sorry if this is a silly question but were these coaches ever made for n gauge by farish etc if not does anyone know of any kits available cheers

They were not. Nor any full kits, nor Dean bogies nor most of the other fittings. Some of the bits have been done by 2mmSA members including recently a batch of Dean bogies, although I believe some of them have sold out for the moment.

Depending how fussy you are there are a few choices

- Worsley Works do scratch aids for some of them. in 2mm (1:152) That's a lot of building work and chunks of scratchbulding. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are used to coach building, but will get you a good scale model coach for all your work.

- Some of the Fleischmann German Clerestories can be into quite passable looking impressions of the GWR ones. They won't fool an expert but they don't look too amiss

- Stick a clerestory on the Farish ones. The cheap and easy approach. Like the Fleischmann approach but doesn't need any tricky painting work. Same sort of problems about accuracy versus first glance look.

I would hope one day we'll see City of Truro and a rake of Clerestories (preferably in GWR Lake) RTR... but  I suspect it may be a long wait.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Donkey

Quote from: EtchedPixels on January 03, 2012, 04:48:44 PM

I would hope one day we'll see City of Truro and a rake of Clerestories (preferably in GWR Lake) RTR... but  I suspect it may be a long wait.

EP I too hope see that. Way back when in my childhood days my 00 City of Truro was one of my favourites. Would absolutely love one in N.

Marty

Karhedron

Quote from: Donkey on April 19, 2012, 09:24:07 PM
Quote from: EtchedPixels on January 03, 2012, 04:48:44 PM

EP I too hope see that. Way back when in my childhood days my 00 City of Truro was one of my favourites. Would absolutely love one in N.
I would also love to see CoT in N gauge too, I keep hoping Bachmann will shrink their 00 one as they did with DP1. However I guess that the problem is fitting a drive into such a small loco and tender. Perhaps once the Ivatt 2MT finally materialises then it will be sign that they can miniaturise their drive mechanism enough for CoT to be a possibilty.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations