Modern vehicles

Started by Deano123, March 19, 2011, 08:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

I agree, the logo is top notch. :thumbsup:

Alex

Hi H,

Excellent model, well done. I'm currently scratchbuilding some US livestock trailers but I'm struggling to find some suitable wheels. Anyone know of a supplier of N Gauge wheels?

Alex

H

Quote from: alex crawford on May 07, 2011, 06:52:00 PMAnyone know of a supplier of N Gauge wheels?

There is someone who does N gauge wheels; can't quite remember but it's probably someone like Dornaplas or Langley. However, IIRC they're not car wheels but probably suitable for a lorry or bus.

H.

NTrain

Yes, Dornaplas do lorry and bus wheels

Alex

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I actually have some Dornaplas kits in my stash, so I've 'borrowed' the wheels for now.

Alex

OwL

Why is it in N Gauge that the British Modern Scene has more than it's fair choices of RtR locos, rolling stock and buildings, yet no where on planet earth/N gauge can one find modern image cars/buses (UK scene) to 1:148 RtR??

Dont get me wrong, Oxford diecast (and the like) are superb, but the modern UK scene is neglected & needs common vehicles in RtR form urgently now:

Examples:

-Ford focus (Most common UK private owned car {2009 figures})
-Ford Transit (network rail one would be nice)
-VW Golf
-Vauxhall Vectra
-(bmw) new shape mini
-Renault megane
-Citroen Saxo
-Bendy bus (dont know whom makes these in real life)
-Many more........

Plus utility vehicles:

-Ambulance
-Fire engines
-Police Cars
-Diggers
-JCB's
-Motor way maintenance
-Forklifts
-Ocado/Tesco delivery van/wagon
-Posh boy/Footballers Bentley
-Fuel Tankers

Cool Stuff:

-Audi A6
-Office boy style new BMW
-Flashy New Shape Mercedes

No white metal kits please, just diecast RtR N Gauge stuff that people with no model skills /very busy lives can buy readily and display on their layouts (soon I beg you!!!).

A PLEA TO ANY/ALL FULL TIME/PROFESSIONAL MODEL RAILWAY MANUFACTURERS OF N SCALE/GAUGE1:148)

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

H

Quote from: owl729 on June 13, 2011, 12:54:49 AM
Why is it in N Gauge that the British Modern Scene has more than it's fair choices of RtR locos, rolling stock and buildings, yet no where on planet earth/N gauge can one find modern image cars/buses (UK scene) to 1:148 RtR

Although not as well served as steamy era stuff it is possible to find decent quality modern N gauge vehicles. You need to be a little dilligent about finding them but it is possible for most of the generic things (diggers, buses, amblances, police vehicles, fork lifts, etc) you mention. One tip is to look east; although they are 1:150 scale its a lot closer to 1:148 and more acceptable than the continental/Yankie 1;160 efforts.

H.

Ben A

H,

I like the cement lorries in your posting earlier in the thread.  I have some similar ones, but they have logos on the barrel and I have been unable to disassemble them for repainting.

How did you do it?  Am I missing the obvious?

cheers

Ben A.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations