Value of old Farish Stock

Started by Steven B, September 24, 2019, 03:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven B

My nextdoor neighbour has some old Farish models to sell. They're some of Farish's earliest models as they're in the clear plastic tubes with black end stoppers.

Are they likely to worth any more to a collector than slightly younger models with a cardboard box?

Steven B.

zwilnik

If he's got any of the 4 wheel coaches in good condition in those boxes, they're going for silly money on e-bay at the moment. Especially any S&DJR ones.

Dr Al

Depends on the specific models, but they all still have some level of value and use even in current times.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Steven B

No four wheel coaches but a few wagons, LMS coaches and a couple of locos.

I'm sure they're all worth a few pounds but was more interested in if the older style boxes would add an extra couple of quid to the price...

Steven B

Dr Al

Quote from: Steven B on September 25, 2019, 08:49:05 AM
I'm sure they're all worth a few pounds but was more interested in if the older style boxes would add an extra couple of quid to the price...

It's likely that condition (of models and the boxes) is probably the strongest driver of value for this kind of era models. One exception - if you have a working Bullied spamcan, the one in SR Green with the factory applied Golden Arrow flags on the front footplate, then expect that to be worth a fair bit.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations