Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talisman56

Just checking back... I think I omitted to post my rolling stock purchases at the Weston-super-Mare show.

The Mark 1 Pullmans will tide me over until *someone* does some decent 1924- or 1951-style ones...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

CarriageShed

Quote from: Only Me on January 24, 2014, 10:55:40 PM
My new ex NCB class 14....

[smg id=9826 type=preview align=center caption="image"]

Cant believe all the paint was stolen within 24 hours of Cookie sending me it lol :)

Shouldn't it be resting on a pile of bricks? ;)  Joking aside, it looks good so far.

CarriageShed

Quote from: mk1gtstu on January 24, 2014, 10:46:38 PM
I've been getting on modifying my class 45 peak & couldn't resist buying a couple more to add to the fleet :-[

I'm as bad as you, Stu, but for me it's Fowler 4Fs. I seem to have collected five of them already, but they do look great when running double headers, so I think it's worth it. ;)

Luke Piewalker

Wassat Guv? The GUVs from Newportnobby have arrived?  :D

portland-docks

since i just got back from Great Central railway i havent had a chance to take a photo or run it yet, but iv been assured it was test run...

anyways i got for a bargain £35 a Battle Of Britain "spam can" class locomotive "Winston Churchill"  :D

perfect for my heritage fleet, especially when its converted to DCC, think it will look perfect with my new bullieds...when i get them! also will keep me going until the new spam cans come out...

also for £35 i couldnt say no seeing as they stupid price they go for on ebay etc
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Les1952

http://youtu.be/42yQgKdxAL8

Just arrived from Wickness Models.  Now all I need to do is learn how to drive it properly.....  (and get a longer whistle blast....)

All the very best
Les

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Newportnobby

Quote from: EtchedPixels on January 28, 2014, 08:42:01 PM
And groove the track every 60 scale feet ;)

When I posted that I'd done exactly that on my last layout I was bol shot down in flames for giving dirt somewhere to accumulate :confused1:

stevieboy

Picked these beasts up today, only half run in but pretty good so far. As long as they run ok on DCC I may allow them to join my perfect WD and J39. 5MT is excellent. Fairburn is a superb model, just needs to loosen up a touch I think. Special thanks to Ollie for picking them out for me, and for almost tempting me with a Dapol Pannier!

Oldun

:-[ Sorry for the quality of the pics, taken on a phone ( :hmmm: must get a new camera) :hmmm:
The latest a Class 40
[smg id=9931]
-----------------------------------------------
EMU set. Early birthday pressie from my son 8)
[smg id=9930]
[smg id=9929]
[smg id=9928]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Purchases over the last month.
[smg id=9926]
[smg id=9925]
[smg id=9924]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bought this one in 1985 (first time out of the box) could it be called new :hmmm:
[smg id=9923]

Old rusty, siding job I think
[smg id=9932]

Old purchases (1985) First time out of the boxes though, are they 'new'  ???
[smg id=9927]

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Dr Al

Quote from: Les1952 on January 28, 2014, 07:28:34 PM
Just arrived from Wickness Models.  Now all I need to do is learn how to drive it properly.....  (and get a longer whistle blast....)

Sorry Les, but to me this sounds all wrong - for a 3 cylinder pacific it should be running a lot slower to match up with that soundtrack IMHO....

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Les1952

Quote from: Dr Al on January 29, 2014, 04:22:37 PM
Quote from: Les1952 on January 28, 2014, 07:28:34 PM

Sorry Les, but to me this sounds all wrong - for a 3 cylinder pacific it should be running a lot slower to match up with that soundtrack IMHO....

Cheers,
Alan

Yes- I've got to tweak one CV to get the sound nearer six chuffs than 4 and a bit- I did say it was as supplied.......   Still finding how to get the Powercab to read the values, and for that matter how to let me lengthen the time before the whistle cuts out.

All the very best
Les

glenng

New purchase today Farish class 04 £50 from local model shop.

stevieboy

On a streak now, my 3rd Farish steamer in a week that is a good'n.  Although good'n doesn't do this one justice. Even Mr OCD me can't find a fault with it!

Thanks to Ollie for picking it out and for convincing me I need to get a crimson & cream mk1 rake in the future! Also picked up a 3 coach suburban rake for my Fairburn.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations