them other forums.

Started by BROADTRAIN1979, February 18, 2011, 12:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BROADTRAIN1979

by god by jove why are other forums so touchy :evil: when seeking advice about a specific topic :'( i was only asking  :( dear, dear, dear and to think, i was once one of them  :thumbsdown:So pleased im now one of you :thumbsup: :NGaugeForum:

Tank

poliss

Lawrence

Quote from: BROADTRAIN1979 on February 18, 2011, 12:27:28 PM
by god by jove why are other forums so touchy :evil: when seeking advice about a specific topic :'( i was only asking  :( dear, dear, dear and to think, i was once one of them  :thumbsdown:So pleased im now one of you :thumbsup: :NGaugeForum:

Frankly dear boy it serves you right for drifting from our fragrant shores  ;)

ps actually I couldn't have answered it anyway, the only sound around my trains is generally me swearing  ;D

REFaust

I visit several other forums and they all have their good and bad points. RMWeb can be useful for technical info, and news of forthcoming releases, especially as Dapol Dave posts there regularly. NRM forum has a good buy/sell section and a fair n gauge forum. Unfortunately like any community there are cliques etc.

This place seems to be laudibly free of that sort of thing. Long may it continue...  :)

R E Faust

Lawrence

Quote from: REFaust on February 20, 2011, 01:43:30 PM
Unfortunately like any community there are cliques etc.

This place seems to be laudibly free of that sort of thing. Long may it continue...  :)

R E Faust

Couldn't agree more dear boy, the owners of this forum have done an excellent job and there is certainly a good feeling about the place  ;D

Claude Dreyfus

Oi, not so much of that...I'm a long-termer from RMWeb... ;)

Seriously, both RMWeb and NRM are big forums with many regularly posting members; there will always be cliques and various 'mafias' in any grouping of such numbers. Personally I much prefer RMWeb, as NRM can get a little more out of control with some of the comments...that said I have kicked back a couple of times when someone has attempted to give it to me both barrels (and I'm pretty calm)!

The other thing to remember is that they are both very broad churches. They cover all gauges, eras, countries and skill sets - from absolute beginners right up to the likes of Larry Goddard with his carriages, or Jim Smith-Wright with his P4 rendition of Birmingham New Street.

Forums such as this are by their very nature smaller and more friendly; the Talking T Gauge forum and the Japanese JNS forum are two very similar examples to this one. There will be disagreements, and there may be occasional spat - with toys being thrown from the pram...but sadly that is life.

Claude Dreyfus

Tank

Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on February 20, 2011, 10:55:50 PM
There will be disagreements, and there may be occasional spat - with toys being thrown from the pram...but sadly that is life.

Very true, and I'm sure it will get to that point on here one day!   ::) :D  If it ever becomes a problem then I will impose rules for members who constantly bicker. 

Also, I don't think it's a good idea to keep moaning about other forums.... hint hint!   ;D :thumbsup:

jonclox

Quote from: Tank on February 21, 2011, 03:03:38 PM
 Also, I don't think it's a good idea to keep moaning about other forums.... hint hint!   ;D :thumbsup:

I agree 100%. if you want to run down members of another forum do it to their face on that board.
It`s the main reason why I will only become a member of 1 forum for each of my seperate interests and let the other forums do their own thing  
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Tank

Good man.   :thumbsup:

Right, I'll lock this topic before we all fall out.  ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations