Adobe Flash Support ends 31.12.2020

Started by Newportnobby, November 14, 2020, 09:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Not being computer savvy can anyone tell me how this is likely to affect me please. I have lots of Adobe Acrobat documents. Will they be affected at all?
Anything else?
:thankyousign:

chrism

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 14, 2020, 09:03:47 PM
Not being computer savvy can anyone tell me how this is likely to affect me please. I have lots of Adobe Acrobat documents. Will they be affected at all?
Anything else?
:thankyousign:

Fear not, Acrobat and Flash are two completely different things.

Newportnobby

Thanks, Chris.
From what I've read and understood I don't think I have any Flash files so might just as well uninstall it as they've requested.

ntpntpntp

Flash was a software extension for browsers to support a degree of animation and interaction beyond the capabilities of standard web pages.  It's now largely overtaken by capabilities of web page HTML itself now. 

My old Network Attached Storage device used Flash for its admin access. Over the past few years it became more and more difficult to convince any of my more modern browsers to connect and work with it. Then the disk failed so I had a reason to replace it with a newer NAS anyway.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations