what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donkey

Hi Richard, it's not cheeky at all. I will get on to it for you now. But I am no whizz at posting photos so please bear with me while I take some pics and do a quick write up for you.

Marty

RichardBattersby

Thanks Marty!  ;D That's fantastic, I know it's a lot of effort, but much appreciated indeed!!!  :thumbsup:
Richard
Askham Battersby MKII - NE/Midland Modular Layout

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

Oldman

Nothing.
Watching Pink Floyd on BBC4 till 23.00hrs
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Donkey

No problem at all Richard I just hope it makes sense

Marty

EtchedPixels

Adding some extra gaps after todays heat decided to cause mayhem. Not of course on the new unballasted track but on the existing ballasted track for Wadebridge. I've trimmed out a new small gap and straightened the rail back up, Will need a spot of glue and reballasting to finish the repair plus a new power feeder.

I'd been wondering if I'd get away with it - last year it went a bit distorted at that spot, this year it went totally out of gauge !
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

moogle

Glueing a dockside crane together.
The little Fleetline one, not some huge thing on wheels!
Not a lot otherwise today.
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

apsheehan

Quote from: Dock Shunter on May 23, 2012, 08:02:27 PM
Quote from: apsheehan on May 23, 2012, 07:37:01 PM
Just finished screening of my fiddle yard with a brick retaining wall incorporating several tunnel/bridge mouths and an inset warehouse.

Sounds very interesting......any  :camera:.....  :thumbsup:

I've now uploaded photos on a new layout construction thread. Thanks for the interest.

Alex

Finally got some work done on the layout today. I've blocked off the window and added a small loop for my station.

There's enough room for my BAR coaches, once they come back from the NGS Compitition, and a 2-8-0 Consolidation. Need to work on the station and backdrop now. That may take a while.

Alex :wave:

Newportnobby

Very nice, Alex :thumbsup:
Blocking the window off seems a little drastic - they used to brick them up to avoid window tax :smiley-laughing:

Alex

Hi Newport,

I'm going to install small strip lights under the upper layout to light up the lower one.

Also we've had a few shed break ins over the past few months in our area. No need to let them know what's in the shed.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Alex on May 27, 2012, 04:47:07 PM

Also we've had a few shed break ins over the past few months in our area. No need to let them know what's in the shed.

Swines! Are the public still not allowed to use a couple of Claymore AP mines as deterrent? :evil:

Fratton

anything i can do at my desk! the temprature is soaring in the shed making it evenings only out there working,,,,,,,

Charlie.

Pengi

Quote from: Fratton on May 28, 2012, 04:08:44 PM
anything i can do at my desk! the temprature is soaring in the shed making it evenings only out there working,,,,,,,

According to the weather forecast for the Portsmouth area, it is going to cool gradually this week.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Newportnobby

Blinking Blimey - when did you have 44 degrees in your shed? :o
People pay good money to have a sauna ;)

EtchedPixels

44°C will certainly stress test the layout and models 8)

How come its so hot - have you considered tin foil or similar on the shed roof ?
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations