what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texhorse

As I can't get to Peterborough next week any more, I've spent the money I would have spent on petrol, ordering a Medusa cement works from Gaugemaster.  I've just ordered it from their website.

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Dorsetmike

Building another Sentinel shunter,making a running in oval (can hardly call it a layout!) 4' x 2' plain Unitrack, no points.

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Dorsetmike on October 17, 2013, 11:54:09 PM
Building another Sentinel shunter,making a running in oval (can hardly call it a layout!) 4' x 2' plain Unitrack, no points.

Just a thought, Mike.
Is it worth putting a couple of points in your test layout just to check stuff runs through them OK? :hmmm:

Dorsetmike

Quote from: newportnobby on October 18, 2013, 10:22:20 AM
Just a thought, Mike.
Is it worth putting a couple of points in your test layout just to check stuff runs through them OK? :hmmm:

See my post in "Running in track" thread. Great minds etc!
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

texhorse

Today, I've soldered a SPDT switch to two LEDs as a dummy run for when I make bespoke signals.  It works!  Now to get some coloured mini LEDs....

Andy
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

texhorse

Made a concrete buffer stop out of a lego brick and part of a Peco standard buffer stop and tidied up some rubbish which has been hiding under the layout for far too long.

"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

texhorse

Making some thin plasticard shims for two of my box cars, so that they run better!

Andy
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

scotsoft

Quote from: texhorse on November 11, 2013, 10:30:01 PM
Making some thin plasticard shims for two of my box cars, so that they run better!

Andy

Hi Andy,

Where do your boxcars need shims fitted please?

I am trying to think where shims might go, but I am getting a bit sleepy and the brain is not running on all cylinders right now  :hmmm:

cheers John.

ParkeNd

Soldered the last four power feed wires to the track with my tongue hanging out and holding my breath because I am not very good at soldering. Now waiting for the GPO to deliver the terminal blocks from Hattons so I can connect the wires.

Then a first big PLAY.  :claphappy:

texhorse

Hi John.  My box cars are old American ones which had Rapido couplings originally.  I swapped out the trucks for Microtrains ones with the Kadee couplers, and the trucks foul the undercarriage of the box car! 

I have put a very thin shim on the base of the box car so that the truck stands out slightly, and the truck doesn't catch the base any more.  It does help when the wheels go round on your car and don't just get dragged along....

Andy
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

1936ace

Permanently fixing point motors by screwing to baseboard as the double sided tape decided not to hold. Did leave the tape on as a sort of cushion. & starting to solder droppers to the track after making sure all the point motors worked. I am using stranded wire similar in size to 24/.2 & have done a good job of bringing it up through the board & soldering it to the underneath & just touching the side of the rail, once ballasted you won't see it, must admit I have done a better job then the OO gauge track.
Bart

KTM

Right now - Ashburton goods shed. When finished maybe I'll  :camera: and share the result  though I'm sure it won't compare to the breathtaking modelling of Mr E  :uneasy:
GWR branch-line Steam rules

Oldman

Just come in from looking round the garden for some small pebbles/stones toput in a riverbed. It's ****ing cold out there.  Hot drink and then out with the stanley knife to carve up some foamboard for contours.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Jerry Howlett

Glueing HINGES on to the doors of the wickham trolley shed that I bought from the N'Tastic stand at the NGF meet up.

Just dropped one on to the floor and amazingly I found it again. Approx half a mm by 2mm. Mrs "H" failed in the sympathy stakes as without her glasses she can't even see the Shed!

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

mr bachmann

sitting patiently waiting for my loco to be returned from Barwell  :hmmm: , also wondering where Texhorse is putting those shims??? ( i could show him where  :laugh: )

alan

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations