what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbear

But seriously... They are fantastic, can we have a demo of how they are made, please?

Happy Christmas everybody!

Matthew-peter

Quote from: bigbear on December 20, 2012, 11:41:17 AM
But seriously... They are fantastic, can we have a demo of how they are made, please?

Happy Christmas everybody!

I will sort a demo out for the next batch, may even have some spare too.
OK who took my cake?

port perran

Been having a general run round on my layout but also painted a dozen cows brown and white ready to be comfortably ensconced in their field tomorrow !
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Oldman

Nothing.
Just built the free waiting shelter off RM for my grandsons  OO  layout. Simple cheap present.
He still has the signal box from last year.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Chinahand

Just standing here looking at my nice new baseboards.  :drool:
I've waited so long for them and now I don't know where to start. :confused2:  :confused1:
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

Newportnobby

Quote from: Chinahand on December 22, 2012, 10:32:28 AM
Just standing here looking at my nice new baseboards.  :drool:
I've waited so long for them and now I don't know where to start. :confused2:  :confused1:

Start at the beginning, go on to the end then stop :D

daveg

Pleased for you that they've arrived at last.

Enjoy the next however long, building your layout. We all look forward to seeing your progress through the year(s)!

My own layout is stripped down with the new yard plan pinned to the board. No doubt I'll hit snags and be asking more daft questions - very shortly!

Dave G

OwL

Cleaning.

I'm doing a good old clean up. After which Im going to start positioning alot of my figures.
I've even got some moo cows to go on........
Moooooo!

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Skyline2uk

All locomotives packed up and stored whilst I do some maintaining and continue to design a new building for the bare corner.

Not much physical progress but its all but designed and I have 90% of the materials. Quite pleased I have resisted the temptation to rush  8)

Merry Christmas and a happy new year, complete with stockings full of black / yellow boxes (or purple / blue ones)....

Skyline2uk

bigbear

I've brought the programme which drives the laser cutter at work home with me, so I'm spending my spare moments over Christmas designing windows and doors for my revamped buildings! Pics as and when I get some done.

4x2

prepping the track for painting the rails on 'project pointless'. Good opportunity to use my new Iwata airbrush and compressor, i had a bit of practice, so now it's time to bite the bullet and go for it !

Quick pic of ballasting which i did last night, all dry and ready for weathering.
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Skyline2uk

Really nice ballasting work 4x2, can I ask who makes this ballast, what it is and what method you used? Is it the "standard" (water, PVA, Washing up etc)?

Sorry for the questions but I am really impressed with this  ;)

Skyline2uk

4x2

Thanks ! It's basically woodland scenics fine ballast, but three different colours (buff, dark brown and light grey) mixed to get it roughly the same colour as the Peco underlay.

It's glued using the famous 50/50 PVA and water mix and a little squirt of washing up liquid. I also used an old washing up liquid bottle to apply the glue. I think the best advice i can give when doing this, is to use lots of glue to make the ballast really saturated and let it dry over night - don't worry it will dry clear !
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Skyline2uk

Thanks for the reply 4x2.

This has been noted for reference on future projects. There I go again, talking about future projects when Filton is not finished!

Keeping on thread topic, I am progressing with my new building but am now waiting a final component part. Also, I am unlikely to begin the actual build until the new year what with all the social things of Christmas a New Year.

Should still find time to pop onto the forum though to see everyone's goodies!

:photospleasesign:

tadpole

Tinkering with the timetable. An article in this month's RAIL magazine has inspired me to add a couple of trains to/from Swindon via Melksham.
Two rails good. Three better.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations