what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Train stuff totally relegated to the cuboard till after xmas-grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Got given the task of writing the xmas cards and start wrapping presents for the grandchildren as of tomorrow.
Mrs Oldman has her hospital appointment next week so at least we may know what is causing the paralysis and nerve problems in her arm.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

swisstony

Probably my last bit of scenery before Christmas, installed copious telegraph poles, level crossing gates, fencing and bushes at Hammingwell...

That's all until after Christmas folks :D

4x2

If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

daveg

Quote from: Oldman on December 04, 2012, 10:41:04 PM
... Mrs Oldman has her hospital appointment next week so at least we may know what is causing the paralysis and nerve problems in her arm.

Good luck with the Christmas chores (yet to start mine) and trust Mrs O's appointment discovers and sorts the problem.

Dave G

tadpole

Welcoming my new BachFar class 101 DMU by hosting a 101 running day at Salisbury.
Its arrival will trigger the withdrawal of no less than 8 Poole-style 101s.

This is the NEW 101 - far superior to the old.

Even my somewhat ramshackle 101 bubble car put in an appearance.

Two rails good. Three better.

swisstony

Had some time over the weekend to add some interior to a Lyddle End signal box (need to repaint a bit better at some point) and a lamp which works :)

Also a Nice Hammingwell shot with a 108 & 101 DMU straddle :)

B1 61126

Hi all thought it was about time I brought things up to date seeing as I started this thread unfortunately this has been a rearly poor year spent far to much of my time at work and no time working on the layout fortunatly this is about to change :claphappy: not going to be doing anything on the layout far to cold in the shed so will be constructing a small work bench for use in the house much warmer once this is made I have a colection of ngauge kits that need putting together(50 plus) this will keep me ocupied for some time .
will have to start a workbench thread soon to show my progress etc
merry christmas one and all
Geoff :beers: 

Matthew-peter

Howdy, been making some trees in plant pots and hoses for the gardens of Delfryn.
Pencil there for size comparison. (can post a tutorial if anyone wants one)
Painted pics to come.
OK who took my cake?

d-a-n

Picked up a Kato V1 pack and added a curved passing loop. I was down in Bognor Regis about a month ago and went into Gaugemaster at Ford to pick up the Kato magnetic uncoupler track with Gaugemaster frets to stick to the couplings. Tried them out on several wagons and they didn't work with the Kato track.
Also, had a birthday and got a class 03 in BR blue, 2 Railfreight VBAs and 2 Railfreight OAAs and picked up 2 ZHV 16t wagons and 4 16t MCO wagons which I've weathered. Pics soon!
Hoping Christmas brings a few more N gauge goodies as I've got my sights set on a new DSLR for 2013 and that will leave me with very little cash!

scotsoft

Quote from: Matthew-peter on December 19, 2012, 01:33:54 PM

Sorry Matt, that is a pen not a pencil  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

cheers John.

Matthew-peter

Quote from: scotsoft on December 19, 2012, 07:51:56 PM
Quote from: Matthew-peter on December 19, 2012, 01:33:54 PM

Sorry Matt, that is a pen not a pencil  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

cheers John.

.....or is it a pencil painted as a pen  :laughabovepost:, seriously though my bad  :-[ it is indeed a pen  :-[
OK who took my cake?

bigbear

Is that a concrete wall or a piece of polystyrene in the background? Also, is it a big pen or a little pen? These things are vital to know! I mean, those lovely trees COULD be O gauge if it's a trick pen! :angel:

Tank

daveg

Layout stripped of all buildings so it can be out of the way for Christmas and New Year visitors and festivities.

Before it gets tucked in a dark corner I'm working on new ideas to expand the yard area. That won't be finished but grabbing some 'me' time before I'm told to put the decorations and tree up.

Here's wishing you all a Merry Yule and a Happy and Healthy New Year:beers:

Dave G

Matthew-peter

Quote from: bigbear on December 20, 2012, 08:48:46 AM
Is that a concrete wall or a piece of polystyrene in the background?
It is polystyrene
Also, is it a big pen or a little pen? These things are vital to know! I mean, those lovely trees COULD be O gauge if it's a trick pen! :angel: No tricks involved, a regular Biro  ;D

And thanks Tank  :thumbsup:
OK who took my cake?

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations