Customised Loco's/Stock

Started by guest2, August 04, 2011, 12:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Like most modellers, I like to see what other N Gaugers have either made, painted, renumbered or have had resprayed.  I think this would be a good thread for everyone to describe what they have and just to show them off. :D 

For me, it doesn't matter if you're terrible with a paint brush, you've put the wrong livery on a loco that wasn't around at that time, or if three rivets are missing from the side of the cab. ::) ;D  Let's share what we've got.

:NGaugeForum:

tadpole

I will not bore you all with yet more pics of my converted EMUs and DMUs.
Oh, maybe just a couple then:
You may have seen some or all of these before - sorry

actually some of the above and below (like the 2EPB and NSE 4VEP) weren't done by me, but all the rest were, promise!

Two rails good. Three better.

Alex

Hi,

Good idea, Tank.

I've posted these before but it's all I have at the moment.

Fife County Freight is a ficticious company and the engine is a GP-50. WPR was a private railway run by the Wemyss Estate in Fife and supplied coal to Methil docks from various pits around the area. The engine is a what if and is a B23-7/B30-7 if I remember correctly. Wagons are standard gondolas re-painted in the Wemyss livery.

Alex

cookiescrumble

Heres pictures of my 2, both done by Mercig

A class 60, easily my favourite class of loco  8), and in one of my favourite liveries.

Again, another favourite class of loco with another favourite livery of mine.

Jonathan Clapp

Here is a ModelPower PO/Baggage combine sold in a ludicrous Crescent Limited livery,
modified and repainted to resemble a common suburban vehicle of the 1950s.
before

during

after

Tank

Well done everyone. :thumbsup:  I'll have to get my camera out today. :camera:

I love the EMU's all lined up in the first picture Tadpole.  What are they from left to right?  I can't tell by looking on my iPhone.

Alex, your repaints look great.  Very well painted.

Cookiescrumble - I have a repainted Class 50 from Mercig.  They always do such a great job at spraying them.  I don't have any 60's, but I'm after one in Mainline livery and DCC'd.  The weathered look on yours is stunning.

I like the conversion on the coach JC.  Very neatly done.

tadpole

OK, from left to right:

A 4CEP, green with small yellow panel. I bought the driving cars, which are converted Minitrix,  on eBay and the middle cars are standard minitrix which i repainted to suit (actually had to repaint the whole thing to make it match). Will no doubt be withdrawn when the BachFar model comes out.

Next is also from eBay, sort of a 2BIL/2NOL lookalike, to which I've added a couple of farish "mainline" middle cars to make a 4LAV. Again, all repainted so the various greens match, and yellow stripes for first class added.

Next is a 4CEP in blue-grey, standard Farish coaches with TPM cabs and window inlays. I've just won another set of CEP cabs/inlays on eBay, probably worthless once the BachFar model comes out, so I'll probably make a BEP (a CEP with a buffet car).

Next, a 4VEP in blue-grey, standard Farish coaches with TPM cabs and window inlays.

Next, a 4VEP in NSE aquafresh livery. This has replacement sides. Not one of mine, ex-eBay.

Finally a 2EPB off eBay, BH Enterprises kit, I believe. Behind it is an NSE-liveried MLV.

Busy on my layout out of shot:
4TC, blue-grey, Farish coaches with TPM cabs/inlays.
4TC, all over blue, TPM cab ends on Minitrix coaches.
4CIG, blue-grey, Farish coaches with TPM cabs/inlays.
3H DEMU, blue, vinyls
3H DEMU, blue-grey, vinyls

I don't have anough power chassis to go round, so some share GWR railcar/Greenmax chassis as and when.

tadpole

My class 101 bubble car (yeah, i know, you can see the join)

And this is what I did with the leftover nner end:

It would be rude for any Scotland-based N-gauger not to have one of these, courtesy of TPM

My previous layout was NW England based, so my 4VEP needed a panto.

Tank

Very good work Tadpole!  I like the Royal Mail (DBSO?) you have. :thumbsup:

tadpole

It's a Gloucester RCW Parcels single unit DMU, tank. It's unpowered but I have a powerd Royal Mail cl.108 set to run with it. None made by me.

Also not made by me was this humungous fleet of DMU/EMUs which appeared on eBay some time ago....

michael

heres a few of mine, some of them you may well have seen on here before,

Tank

Tadpole - You'll have to show a picture of the RM 108 when you get time.  :)  I have a MLV in RM livery, and the usual RM carriages by Farish.

It looks like you won a huge lot.  I'm always on the look out for EMU's, but I never spotted this lot!   :o  Dare I ask what they all are?  :smiley-laughing:

Michael - Great models you've painted.  Nice straight lines.

tadpole

I didn't win them, tank.
I'm sure the seller would've made more money, and more people happy, by splitting it into three/four lots.

tadpole

your wish is my command. There are another two cars where this came from.

....and a Cravens unit. None of these were done by me.

longbridge

Great stuff Tadpole, its always nice to see modified models and you have done a fine job of them.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations