Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STEVE44 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Chetcombe

This is the story of a well travelled Warship - well one that has crossed the Atlantic 3 times recently! I found a very well priced Farish Warship at Kernow (GBP49.95 and for me being based overseas take off the VAT), so D815 'Druid' was despatched from Cornwall to Philadelphia. Back over the pond it went when I sent it off to GC Weathering for renumbering, renaming and weathering. I chose them cos they were advertising on the forum and I liked the look of their work. Finally back it came over the Atlantic for a final time, this time as a rather grubby D809 'Champion'

Hats off to GC Weathering by the way. Fast turnaround, they checked in with me at every stage and even sent me a photo (above) to make sure I was happy. Which I was :D

Mike
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

portland-docks

well iv let you wait long enough, heres some pics of the set, feel free to read the review in the Dapol Steam loco reviews section

love this set, i will try and get a pic of both scotsmans side by side at some point!
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

scotsoft

A very good value setup you have bought there and the Scotsman looks very good  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

Christina

I bought an EWS Class 47 body on a Class 37 chassis, it fits fine though, only £25 :D

longbridge

Flying Scotsman looking its best with the blinkers, great buy.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Bealman

Agreed. The deflectors do look good on the Scotsman (and the Brunswick green livery has always been my favourite). The blood & custard Gresleys look great, too. Great buy! Scary to see the DCC controller in there - though I must admit if the day ever arrives when I give it a try, that would be the perfect starter set for me - right era and favourite stock!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

portland-docks

Yeh i couldnt bieve that they put that controller in there i was thinking you could make double selling the pieces individually, scary but defo a bargain!
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Caz

This little beauty has just arrived from Japan, got hit with the duty etc for £24 but the tram track and points package arrived without being intercepted.  It's a Modemo Toden type 9000 tram, has working lights but no DCC so going to have to figure out how to get it apart.

Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

bluedepot

H

Not exactly a purchase, but the latest acquisition;

H.

Fratton

Quote from: H on May 04, 2013, 02:00:27 PM

H.

It has a face only a mother could love but still a very nice bit of traction
Charlie.

Jack

Quote from: Fratton on May 04, 2013, 03:58:31 PM

H.

Marmite comes to mind...... :)
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

EtchedPixels

The modern image answer to the Q1. Looks a very nice model but not one I can currently justify.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Jack9465 on May 04, 2013, 04:01:46 PM
Quote from: Fratton on May 04, 2013, 03:58:31 PM

H.

Marmite comes to mind...... :)

If the Cylons had never discovered space travel THIS would be their preferred method of invasion fleet!
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations