Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnlambert

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on March 23, 2014, 08:55:41 PM
You can never have too many DMUs :)

Quite right, especially the class 108.  My favourite N gauge DMU.  I've got three but can easily imagine buying more, a green one with small yellow panels is next on my personal hit list.

Luke Piewalker

Nah, the 101 was the DMU of my childhood... Although I still have a strange soft spot for Pacers...

Sprintex

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on March 23, 2014, 08:55:41 PM
You can never have too many DMUs :)

With two Blue/Grey 108s and four Regional Railways 156s I suppose I'd have to agree  :D

Paul

Bealman

I love DMUs. I think it's because I rode on them so much during my college years (probably under the weather for 50% of the time)  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Jameswgm

350 Desiro on test. Smart model and excellent runner, like all the Bachmann Farish trains I've owned.

Stevie DC

Gone for a little while without purchasing anything model railway related, then Ally Pally came along!

My bargain locos from the Bachmann stand! Both returned items and nabbed the pair for £100!

If anyone thinks I'm getting a soft spot for BR Standards, don't worry - they won't be once I've finished with them!!!  >:D

Oldun

New short rake of coaches delivered this morning. Fits nicely into my period of 1950-1960.
[smg id=11126]
[smg id=11127]

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Massimo

I could not resist to buy a dapol Bulleid Q1...
maybe because in Italy we are living an hard crisis time I need a little bit of "Austerity" in my hobby.
I was captured by the strange and essential line of this machine and by the story behind it. In this days I have found some information about Q1 and its story but I'm asking to you some help in order to form some right convoys... both freight and passengers.

What coaches Q1 hauled? Bulleid? MK1? Green livery??Crimson and Cream???... and what about a right rake of freight wagon?

Someone of you have this machine? And what about its performance?

thanks for your help!...very appreciate
Massimo

As usual apologize me for my silly english! :-[

CarriageShed

Quote from: Massimo on March 25, 2014, 08:09:16 PM
I could not resist to buy a dapol Bulleid Q1...
maybe because in Italy we are living an hard crisis time I need a little bit of "Austerity" in my hobby.
I was captured by the strange and essential line of this machine and by the story behind it. In this days I have found some information about Q1 and its story but I'm asking to you some help in order to form some right convoys... both freight and passengers.

What coaches Q1 hauled? Bulleid? MK1? Green livery??Crimson and Cream???... and what about a right rake of freight wagon?

Someone of you have this machine? And what about its performance?

thanks for your help!...very appreciate
Massimo

As usual apologize me for my silly english! :-[

The Q1 was primarily a goods loco, Massimo, so feel free to stick a load of dirty wagons behind it. And if you're running a post-war layout, feel free to add a stack of dirty weathering to the loco, too :)

Peter

scottmitchell74

This beauty came in the mail today:

Differing lights depending on direction of travel, runs nearly silently and very forgiving of my track. Atlas H16-44.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Oldun

The Q1 was primarily a goods loco, Massimo, so feel free to stick a load of dirty wagons behind it. And if you're running a post-war layout, feel free to add a stack of dirty weathering to the loco, too :)
[/quote]

Couple of pics with coaches:

[smg id=11215]

[smg id=11217]

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

stevieboy

Quote from: Oldun on March 24, 2014, 02:41:57 PM
New short rake of coaches delivered this morning. Fits nicely into my period of 1950-1960.
[smg id=11126]
[smg id=11127]

Roger

I recognise those  ;)

Oldun

I recognise those  ;)

Thank you for parting with them :thumbsup:

Luke Piewalker

Tee hee hee hee hee...

I mean... errr... Bwa haa haa haa haa haa  :D

jivebunny

At the risk of making this a "show your latest rake" thread, I've decided this is probably the safest way to go about acquiring a uniform Dapol Mk3 rake without any nasty surprises :D The DVT I bought a while ago and the livery's wrong for IC Swallow, I have the new (corrected) version on pre-order.

JB

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations