Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

If it was worth £250 20 years ago then interest at 8% (which is what the PPI companies are allowed to claim for) mkeans it is now worth £1165.24. I'd go for it.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on December 02, 2018, 12:40:33 AM
If it was worth £250 20 years ago then interest at 8% (which is what the PPI companies are allowed to claim for) mkeans it is now worth £1165.24. I'd go for it.

Just don't use a solicitor to pursue the claim :no: :laugh:

TrevL

Quite right.
You could always threaten to write to The Law Society to let them know the situation, costs nothing, and is usually enough to get some action, worked for me in a similar situation.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

railsquid

Just uncovered a folder full of digital photos I took about 9 years ago of some classic Japanese trains which have since been consigned to the scrapheap of history; I'd assumed the photos had got lost between various computer moves, but it turns out I took them a year later than I thought, so was looking in the wrong place.

TrevL

Are you going to post some of them?
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

railsquid

Quote from: TrevL on December 02, 2018, 03:21:37 PM
Are you going to post some of them?

One here, and the Flickr album here (though unless you're interested in post-war Japanese EMUs it might not be so interesting).

grumbeast

Went to see the Nutcracker last night with the Royal Winnipeg Ballet.  Good enough news in itself but even better because my DAUGHTER WAS DANCING WITH THEM! :):):):):):)

Proudest dad ever!!!!!!

Mito

Absolutely great, a very proud dad and congratulations to you daughter. :thumbsup:
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

dannyboy

Congratulations to your daughter. That is some achievement - and not without a lot of sweat and tears, (and encouragement), along the way I would think.  You deserve the title of 'Proud Dad'. :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

60 mile round trip to Blackpool hospital in the peeing rain at rush hour time this morning. Gave my self plenty of time so I could grab a coffee before the appointment to download readings from my defibrillator implant. Appointment ran ½ hour late, was in there for just 5 minutes and then back into the rain again.
This is in the Happy Thread as it means all is well. It hasn't gorn orff while I've been asleep or anything and the battery is good for another 5 years or so. Mucho relief :)

guest311

good news indeed.

SWMBO had a hospital appointment yesterday, at 14:00, so first of the afternoon session, so shouldn't be any delay  ???

called in at 12 minutes past  >:(

no wonder patients further down the list have such long waits when they can't even start on time.

still, good news as she's been told she need not attend anymore.

Newportnobby

Quote from: class37025 on December 07, 2018, 01:14:55 PM

still, good news as she's been told she need not attend anymore.

That's great to hear :claphappy:

I have a bedside gizmo which 'reads' my implant once a week and sends the data by WiFi to Boston Scientific and the hospital can access the data from there. Hence my physical visit is only once a year. Maybe if I lived in Blackpool things would be different.

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Malc

SWIMBO suffers with glaucoma and at the moment is on 3 monthly checks. They book appointments at 15 minute intervals. We had a 9:00 appointment and got seen at 10:15. We were in the consulting room 25 minutes, so that's the reason the appointments over run.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

I wouldn't have put that in the Happy Thread, @Malc
If I had an appointment for 09.00 I would not expect them to be running 1¼ hours late. Guess the consultant had more pressing business

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations