Helping hands - for members with problems related to CV restrictions

Started by Railwaygun, March 20, 2020, 12:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LASteve

If anyone wants to chat outside of the forum and isn't sure, just let me know and I'll be happy to call you.

I might be in California, but the call is free. It might be a small thing, but I can put my "unlimited" call plan to work and if you're stuck inside and just want to hear a new voice, you'd be more than welcome.

Just don't tease me for my English/Los Angeles hybrid accent. Or tease me :)

Bealman

I have removed my post as it is news rather than helpful.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Mito

Post removed due to lack of interest shown below.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

crewearpley40

To be honest. The news today is the last place I'm interested, all this thread was to help those in need. To be honest just a kind call  pm  email, offer of help to those who are in need , elderly, cannot get out. Does help. I'm appreciative of the mods for their kind help setting this up

Michael P

Am in cheltenham, Gloucestershire but still have to travel around.  If anybody in the area needs anything let me know and I will help as much as I can.

jpendle

I've tried and tried not to do this, but here goes.

Shouldn't this thread be in the DCC section?

Lots of CV knowledge there I would have thought  :bounce:

Just a bit of light relief.

John P

Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

emjaybee

Awesome, I'll never moan again about having to drive an extra 10 minutes to get to a customer. What a commute!

@Bealman @Newportnobby would or be possible to move the above post and give it a dedicated thread please?

I'm really interested in @Milton Rail 'diary' and rather than complicate this important thread, and to make it easier to find and follow a separate thread would be great.

:thankyousign:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

crewearpley40

Totally agree. This thread was agreed and is for people / forum members to help others. Just a call , text  pm  an offer to shop, makes the difference to somebody more elderly and I thank @Newportnobby , @Railwaygun  and @Tank for allowing the banner plus those who have come forward. Stay safe

Bealman

[mod]As requested by emjaybee above, Milton Rail's fascinating post has been moved to a new thread, "Life on an oil platform" in the General Discussion section of the forum.[/mod]
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Milton Rail

outwith the diary, still happy to PM folks or assist anyone (within the spirit of the gov crack down) in or around Perth, PH1 or PH3 while I am home in April
Thanks for looking - Andrew

My attempt at a box layout - Bogindollo

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50114.msg652980#new

chrispearce

Just a thought. I'm thinking of quitting my job in Healthcare and becoming a Locksmith.

That way I won't have to work all these shifts but can still claim to be a Key-worker.

Hoping everyone is keeping well and safe. :thumbsup:
Some situations in life are like dairy cows. When you see 'em you just gotta milk 'em.

monkey_brains

Quote from: chrispearce on March 28, 2020, 12:22:44 AM
Just a thought. I'm thinking of quitting my job in Healthcare and becoming a Locksmith.

That way I won't have to work all these shifts but can still claim to be a Key-worker.

Hoping everyone is keeping well and safe. :thumbsup:

Oh dear!  :smiley-laughing:
A keen modern image modeller in N Gauge, the latest creation I am working on is Cottingfield - an N Gauge Rule 1 Layout

Plotting has started on a DC controlled layout for the trains I can't easily convert to DCC North Wroxham - an N Gauge Modern Era Layout

chrispearce

Read a funny comment in an article about CV last night. It said how the World Health Organization declared that dogs couldn't get the virus so it was OK to take them out for exercise.

It was, indeed, a case of, "WHO lets the dogs out?"  :laugh:
Some situations in life are like dairy cows. When you see 'em you just gotta milk 'em.

gavin_t

Haven't been on here in a  while so have only just seen this.

Happy to help anyone in the Essex area that may need it.
Fortunate enough to have access to nhs opening hours and discounts in shops so happy to share the wealth if anyone needs anything picking up and dropping off whilst I am out to and from work anyway.

Keep safe everyone  :)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations