N-Gauge Set Purchased !

Started by Drakken, January 16, 2012, 02:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Hi all !

I've bought this set as my first n gauge starter pack but i've heard these are DCC ready, I've checked out a couple of Youtube video's which state they are DDC ready  ( One video states the DMU had been split from a set ) can anyone confirm this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150737288264?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Many Thanks,

Chris

Fratton

They are DCC ready i started with one of these myself, when you have a DCC control unit you buy a 6 pin chip and remove the blanking chip and replacing it with the control chip then follow the instructions and you'll be off and running in DCC
Charlie.

Dock Shunter

Quote from: Drakken on January 16, 2012, 02:18:47 AM
Hi all !

I've bought this set as my first n gauge starter pack but i've heard these are DCC ready, I've checked out a couple of Youtube video's which state they are DDC ready  ( One video states the DMU had been split from a set ) can anyone confirm this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150737288264?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Many Thanks,

Chris

You've got yourself a lovely DMU there Chris......
As Fratton says it is DCC ready but you can still run it on normal DC.
The 150/1 in Regional Railways livery is only available in the train  set...you can't buy it separately....i think this is what the video was refering to when it said it was split from a set......
Have fun and maybe post us a pic or two.....

Drakken

I think i'll just convert it back to DC for now but i just thought it was a cracking deal at £81, I'll definatley post up some pictures when it arrives in supposedly in Parcelforce's 48 hour service, Really looking forward to just getting it in me hand !

Well i think its time to make a move and go to B&Q and get my base board !

Thanks again !

Chris

Dock Shunter

Quote from: Drakken on January 16, 2012, 12:33:30 PM
I think i'll just convert it back to DC for now

Thanks again !

Chris

You don't need to do anything to it....it will run on DC straight out of the box.
As Fratton said if you move to DCC in the future you will need to remove the blanking plug and insert a 6pin decoder........visa versa it will only run on DC if the blanking plug is inserted

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations