Dapol / Miller project HST model due 2016

Started by Railwaygun, September 26, 2015, 10:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidinyork

mickster04

Is it just me or is the website down? Is this project still good?

Snowwolflair

When I spoke to them at TINGS it was authorized to proceed.  Just waiting its turn on the CAD.

mickster04

Sprintex

Quote from: mickster04 on October 04, 2016, 09:11:54 PM
well if http://www.projectmiller.org.uk/ is the website then the admin needs to fix it.

The Project Miller website was nothing to do with the model, although it may have been mentioned on there.

Project Miller was set up by 125 Group solely for the restoration of 41001 to working order, which has been achieved and since it is now running in preservation I believe that's why the Project Miller website is no longer active, because the "project" is essentially complete.

Paul

mickster04

Quote from: Sprintex on October 04, 2016, 10:39:27 PM
The Project Miller website was nothing to do with the model, although it may have been mentioned on there.
Paul

Ah there's, my mistake. I assumed they were related.

Mustermark

Quote from: Snowwolflair on October 04, 2016, 11:42:35 AM
When I spoke to them at TINGS it was authorized to proceed.  Just waiting its turn on the CAD.

Whaaaat? They are going ahead? But not a dicky bird to those who expressed an interest. Can it be true?

Just need to pursuade RevolutioN to get hold of Rapido's CAD for the APT-E and I will be a happy bunny.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Bob Tidbury

Yes please Ben and Mike ,The APT tilting train would be something I would get the family to buy for me ,even if it didn't actualy tilt.
Trouble is people would only buy one so I doubt it would be a viable model unless it cost a fortune .
But the development work is already done it just needs Jason's crew to get the shrink gun out and scale it down.

red_death

We've not ruled out the APT-E in N though we have to negotiate with the NRM first and then see if there is sufficient interest to produce it.

Cheers, Mike

Bob Tidbury

The APT would be nice , unfortunatly I can't manage to buy the other models you've proposed the tankers looked brilliant at TINGS I have so many freight wagons I have no more room for more .I can't wait for my Popylino which although way out of my era and I've no overhead wires was an extra stretched  rule one buy,  as so would the APT be. But my layout is a preserved railway so they could be visiting and even towed by a preserved Diesel loco.I do run quite a mixture of stock I just enjoy running trains.
I hope to go to the show at Gaydon this weekend mainly to see Tormouth,will you be there ?
Bob

Calnefoxile

Quote from: red_death on October 05, 2016, 10:25:17 AM
We've not ruled out the APT-E in N though we have to negotiate with the NRM first and then see if there is sufficient interest to produce it.

Cheers, Mike

Mike,

Are you mad!!!

Of course there'd be sufficient interest, you've seen everyone drooling over the Orribly Oversized one. You can definitely stick me down for one.

Cheers

Neal.

acko22

I would be very tempted in the HST prototype and APT-E although it would be a "Gareth Rule 1" purchase (my rule one is if it still exists then why cant you run it on a modern layout we have seen westerns on freight services in the north east after all)

From what I remember from the Dapol open day (I have slept since then well kind of  :-[ ) the Mk3 coaches are in CAD for some of the alterations needed at the moment
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

robert shrives

Hi add me on that dribbling lst !!! Some fun if extra vehicles for rule one railways where there was in blue tinted glasses a whole fleet in service on non electric lines - Say Inverness mainline mixing it with 26s on freights and pairs of 27 in push pull mode on air con rakes etc .
cheers
Robert

Snowwolflair

Quote from: acko22 on October 05, 2016, 11:36:56 AM
From what I remember from the Dapol open day (I have slept since then well kind of  :-[ ) the Mk3 coaches are in CAD for some of the alterations needed at the moment

Your memory is spot on  :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations