N'porium

Started by Catsick, April 27, 2022, 08:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Steven B on April 28, 2022, 04:33:36 PM

Surely once money and goods have been exchanged it's theirs to do with as they please, regardless of if that's giving it away free or selling on at a profit. It might not be a nice feeling knowing you could have sold for more but that's life.

Absolutely. You've accepted the price paid and sold it, it's no longer yours and you have no say in its future.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

njee20

Have to agree, but I think this is a difference in attitude toward the N'Porium. Whilst I have some good friends I've met through the forum I don't particularly feel like I should sell things cheaper here because the membership is somehow more deserving than anyone on FB/eBay. Therefore if I sold something cheap, and someone bought it to sell on, then I've undervalued it, and that's just one of those things. I agree it would leave a bitter taste in my mouth, and perhaps I'd not sell to them again, but hey ho.

If I sold something to a real life friend and they did that I'd be mildly aggrieved, as I would usually do a good deal for friends.

@Catsick I know you had some Farish FIA container flat pairs which I'd still be interested in if you were prepared to post (not to be sold on ;D )

Bealman

What I like about the N'porium is that you can be reasonably certain you're not going to get a lemon. A member of the NGF is less likely to sell a dud to a fellow member (I know I wouldn't).

I have been very satisfied with my purchases to date.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Catsick

Did have one issue recently where someone won something I had on ebay, they had agreed to collect/pay for it on a certain day yet had opened a case against me as it hadn't been delivered despite not having payed in any way for it. On checking their items for sale they had used my pictures to advertise my item at 3 times the price they had won it for even though they hadn't payed or received/collected it!!!

However the case cancelled the contract so there lol

Damned if you do and damned if you don't price it high or low or whatever.
I'd like not to care but....
You don't know what you can do what you can't

Catsick

Well finally decided to pull finger out and get stuff listed on here and ebay. Priced considering sold items on ebay but see what happens. Is a mix of OO, HO, N & Z. Current feelings are bit fed up with things and need a clearout. 

joe cassidy

Maybe you need to decide what scale you prefer ?

I would suggest N  :)

Catsick

Yup, sticking with an n gauge layout which is still WIP. It's just clearing out  items not required or that don't fit in with the theme of it. I've only listed the N stuff here but other items on ebay. There will be more to follow possibly over the weekend in the nporium but a mix of Euro & Japanese stock.

Bought stuff coz I liked it and convinced myself I wanted it but it serves no purpose if it's not going to be used so all needs to go to a good home hopefully.   :)

If the stuff sells and it becomes more manageable, maybe my head will clear and things improve. Times a healer and all that but they just don't give you a timescale.   :(

Must post a pic of the layout!!!

geofff

If items are to be sold on the N'porium, would you expect the same price as you would on Ebay, or would you make any price adjustment for the fees that you would save on Ebay?

Maybe it's my perception of value, but the items that I've seen on the N'porium seem quite high.

Catsick

Understood..

Took me ages trawling through the sold stuff on ebay working out prices I'd be happy with.......   ???

There's a Fine line between selling and storing. Got too easily annoyed with ebay users.

Price high or low is like damned if you do or don't
I don't know....... 
this years been kak so far  :(

njee20

Quote from: geofff on May 19, 2022, 10:49:08 PM
If items are to be sold on the N'porium, would you expect the same price as you would on Ebay, or would you make any price adjustment for the fees that you would save on Ebay?

Maybe it's my perception of value, but the items that I've seen on the N'porium seem quite high.

EBay frequently do discounted fee offers, which makes it cheaper than taking PayPal on a separate transaction.

Catsick

Ebay seems to be full of watchers though or people who wait for your listing to end then contact you offering less for it like they're doing you a favour lol

emjaybee

Quote from: Catsick on May 23, 2022, 08:41:31 AM
Ebay seems to be full of watchers though or people who wait for your listing to end then contact you offering less for it like they're doing you a favour lol

Prices are definitely down at the moment. I assume due to the current economic situation. I've picked up a couple of things at 30%-40% less than they were a year ago.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Catsick

Yep, it's a very tricky situation & market to deal with at the moment.
Difficult working out prices based on what you'd like for it, what you see sold on ebay, what you paid for it, condition, age, rarity, fees, post rates etc etc etc.... it was easier buying bike lol  :smiley-laughing:

Catsick

If... and that's a big if.... anyone is interested in anything I have listed give me a shout.
Just because stuff is listed together doesn't mean there's no flexibility... just means I'm lazy when it came to listing it all.
Would still recommend multiple items would be best to justify postage even if from different lots.

Not desperate though, just being considerate considering my batching of items might be kak lol

cornish yorkie

:hellosign:
   Yes @Catsick your Japanese items are very interesting, just got to convince the Boss we need more train's.
   stay safe regards Derek
ONLY ONE RULE ENJOY

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations