Rolling stock derailing

Started by DickyB, August 25, 2021, 11:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DickyB

Hi all after a long absence just returned to the forum.I am still modelling and come across a problem which I thought I.d post.On running some of my
coaches they keep detailing.I think the problem stems from the couplings and the carriage link passages being to close when going round some of my bends.
Has anybody experienced the same problem.

njee20

Welcome back.

You may want to update the thread title to something more descriptive. Which coaches are you having problems with? And how sharp are your curves? It's not a common problem, assuming stock couplings.

Bealman

Yep, as njee20 says, could be because of a plethora of reasons. Can you provide more detail, please?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

I can only speak for transition era coaches like Mk1s, suburbans, Staniers, Hawksworths, Colletts and Gresleys which do and should traverse 9" curves without buffer locking. My conclusion is your curves are too tight for your stock in which case you may need to change the coupling for long shanked versions or a combination of medium/long (not ideal when seen on straight track).
I, too, look forward to more info.

Neil of Teesside

I follow the rule of David Jenkinson: if the derailment happens to any vehicle at the same spot then look at the track, if a specific vehicle or type of vehicle keeps derailing then look at the vehicle(s).

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations