DJ models - Dave Jones new venture

Started by scruff, September 06, 2013, 06:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

Nthusiast Resprays wasn't a "company" it was Dave, and if I remember rightly (its some time back) Dave was also a truck driver at the time. I did have to chase him back them for the Western respray he did for me but it was delivered. It did seem to get a bit out of hand before he joined Dapol.

Never had any problems with dealing with Dave at Dapol so hopefully DJModels will go well and he's got all the right other people he needs.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Dorsetmike

I'd say give the man a chance, people learn by their mistakes, at the rate some of you are going the business could be doomed before it starts.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Caz

Quote from: Dorsetmike on September 10, 2013, 02:03:45 PM
I'd say give the man a chance, people learn by their mistakes, at the rate some of you are going the business could be doomed before it starts.

Well said Mike, heartily agree, another maker in N gauge should see some interesting models appear and also be a bit more competition for the big boys.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Tank

Quote from: Dorsetmike on September 10, 2013, 02:03:45 PM

I did give the man a chance, and I was passing on my experience to others.  I've heard that he's a nice chap in person, but the fact remains that I emailed him for a long period (we're talking YEARS here!), I gave him many chances to send my model or a refund with promises of such, and in the end I was ignored.  I've given up chasing him, had enough a long time ago.  This thread isn't censored like other forums, so sadly, the past will come back to haunt him on google searches.  The power of the internet. 

Again, if he wishes to make contact and refund me then I'm here.

I will say no more about it here, as I've made my point.  I do wish him good luck regardless, as the models will be great I'm sure.

PaulCheffus

Quote from: EtchedPixels on September 10, 2013, 02:00:59 PM
Nthusiast Resprays wasn't a "company" it was Dave, and if I remember rightly (its some time back) Dave was also a truck driver at the time. I did have to chase him back them for the Western respray he did for me but it was delivered. It did seem to get a bit out of hand before he joined Dapol.

Never had any problems with dealing with Dave at Dapol so hopefully DJModels will go well and he's got all the right other people he needs.

Alan

Hi

I bought a Tamper kit from him and although I had to chase him it did arrive within a month.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

Bartercode

Nevertheless, it would be wrong to think that Tank's experience was a unique example. It is wrong to imply that maybe he didn't try hard enough to resolve the issue. My experience too was almost mission impossible, despite being very polite and persistent over a very long period of time.

PaulCheffus

Quote from: Bartercode on September 10, 2013, 05:16:54 PM
Nevertheless, it would be wrong to think that Tank's experience was a unique example. It is wrong to imply that maybe he didn't try hard enough to resolve the issue. My experience too was almost mission impossible, despite being very polite and persistent over a very long period of time.

Hi

Nothing was implied and I was just giving my experience of dealing with Dave.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

woodbury22uk

Quote from: OwL on September 10, 2013, 10:42:13 AM

Did anyone see RMweb?

There is a member called General-Torvek who has repeated what has been said here about Jones ripping off people in his past venture and his post has mysteriously vanished!
What kind of censorship is that?
All the guy said was 'Although he wishes Dave well people should beware before giving him money up front due to issues with N'thusiast'
I cannot believe they deleted it so quick when all he was trying to do is point out issues he may have experienced with
DJ.!!!
That has really shocked me and I'm glad this forum is a place where people can express themselves about issues honestly without fear of censorship like has occurred elsewhere.

RMWeb says the messages have been removed for legal reasons. That is probably sensible if the contents may have had some legal repercussions for the site owners.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

DJM Dave

Hi everyone,

My first post here if it gets through.

I mailed Tank directly by PM at 5pm on Sunday as soon as I was made aware of the situation and comments on here ( I joined here at the same time, as I said I would to a couple of mods at Leamington).

Tank, if you didn't get the PM then I sorry, but for you and everyone on here I'll restate my position.

Firstly I am truly sorry that this issue has gone on for so long for you and others.
One of the conditions of my past employment was that I cleared up any problems I ay have had with my previous 'job'.

Unfortunately my (not very nice) split with my soon to be ex wife caused not only the imaginable grief, but a complete loss of paperwork and records, causing me to lose awareness of what was owed to whom etc.

Then instead of fessing up, I relied on these customers to contact me at shows etc so I could deal with the situation as and when it arose. (Wrong decision).

I dealt with many customers, and as the contacts ceased I assumed that was that. Again, wrong, and to be honest I'm sure in the last 7 years you, and others  have been in touch, but I honestly cannot remember.

I'm not one to take money and run and in my mail offered you a full refund, and apologies, at the end of this month. (I'm a bit spent out at the moment as you can imagine).

Please contact me directly so I can sort this out for you without any necessarily further delay.

Once again, sorry to you and others that may have thought I was a complete 'wrong un' in the intervening 7 years.

Cheers
Dave
DJModels Limited
N gauge Model Railway locomotive and rolling stock manufacturer.

Tank

Thank you Dave.  I have sent you a PM.

Malc

Good luck with your new venture Dave, I'm sure you will get a lot of support from forum members.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

mereman

:welcomesign: Dave

Good luck with your new venture. I'm interested in the J94 and will be keeping an eye on your progress.
I keep forgetting to add Cheers Mike on the end of my posts....

So.....  Cheers Mike

Caz

I for one am very pleased to see you posting on here Dave, very courageous of you to come into the lion's den but at least everything is now in the open and hopefully will be fully resolved to everyone's satisfaction and all the cobwebs will be dusted off so you can successfully move forward with your exciting new venture.

:welcomesign:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Sprintex

Quote from: whiteswan on September 10, 2013, 09:11:26 PM
I for one am very pleased to see you posting on here Dave, very courageous of you to come into the lion's den but at least everything is now in the open and hopefully will be fully resolved to everyone's satisfaction and all the cobwebs will be dusted off so you can successfully move forward with your exciting new venture.

Agree with Caz, can't be easy to step into this on a public forum so good on you for doing so :thumbsup:

Nice to meet you on sunday and hopefully we can look forward to some quality models :)

On the subject of RMweb censorship I can see why they would remove such posts, as far as the forum and its commercial sponsors are concerned it's an unproven accusation which could leave them open to all sorts of legal difficulties.

Paul

REGP

Your a brave man coming on here and opening up like that.

If you can clear up the historic problems to everyone's satisfaction it'll be to your credit.

So welcome Dave and good luck on your new venture.

Ray

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations