it's the final countdown! farish 13/14 catalogue..

Started by bluedepot, March 06, 2013, 06:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy L S

Quote from: Ollie3440 on March 08, 2013, 08:01:04 PM
What I think will be likely new products:
4MT 4-6-0, 450 EMU, Class 105

What I think will be re-tooled:
4f, 25, 8f,  40 maybe?

What I would like to see:
Stanier Mogul, City of Truro, SDJR 7f, G2A, Ivatt 4mt.......

There are a load of re-liveries i'd love to see such as a something in DRS! More runs of the Black 5's and a Crimson/Cream RMB (vital for a modern preserved layout :P )

Ollie

Given reported slow sales of existing products I would think any further electrics in N be they Overhead or Third Rail may be unlikely for a while.

Diesel: -

I think a retooled 25 would be logical and cost effective given the existing Class 24 chassis. I think this must be realistic and fairly likely.

Possibly a Class 40.

first Gen DMUs may also have reached saturation point for now with both 108 and 101 readily available in all liveries except BR green.

Steam: -

I think a newly tooled 4F 0-6-0 looks an extremely realistic prospect given the 00 one's appearance and this would follow Bachmann's declared policy of manufacturing in both scales.

A K3 2-6-0 may also make commercial sense given the existence of the 4200 gallon Group Standard tender-drive used on the J39 and B1 to keep down development costs , especially given the J39 will use a flared tender variant. However as I understand it this was not an especially strong seller in 00?

In truth though I'd be happy to just see some existing projects delivered. I have had J39s on order for getting on for two years and the Ivatt 2-6-0 even longer - these are now on the radar. Timely arrival of the A2 in addition to these would be enough for me.

Oh, and Mk1 Sleepers of course :)

Roy

H

Quote from: Roy L S on March 09, 2013, 03:24:02 PM

Given reported slow sales of existing products I would think any further electrics in N be they Overhead or Third Rail may be unlikely for a while.

It's the overhead loco sales that have been slow and that was only mentioned by Dapol. I don't think Farish have recently commented on it. In fact Bachmann seem to be doing very well with new products and sales of third rail EMUs in OO/4mm.

Quote from: Roy L S on March 09, 2013, 03:24:02 PM

Oh, and Mk1 Sleepers of course :)

EP versions of those were at Warley.

H.

Caz

Now you're talking EP, only thing is, it is one of the few things we don't have over here, plenty of curry houses but no curry buffets only the chinese seem to do that here.  :(
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

davidjhope

Seawise

A "King Arthur" would be nice, or a SR "N" or "U" class, seems to be a theme here!

Regards

Chris
Let your dreams become your favourite memories

PLD

Quote from: EtchedPixels on March 09, 2013, 01:52:24 PM
Class 55 has been given dates of July/August, and the 70 June/July.

In Bachmann time yes - so my guess of Warley / TINGs should be about right on the 'real world' calendar.

:-[

porkie

I have my fingers crossed for.....

Intercity exc livery mk2's
More 80's. & 90'S sector loco too. I keep seeing their OO variants and hope they scale down
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

bridgiesimon

Personally I think we are going to get a batch of reliveries and not much else to give them time to sort adn finish all the stuff they are already working on. If we are lucky enough to have some new announcements then, as others have said, I think we hay have a couple of upgrades to look forward to, maybe the class 158/159? they are a little long int he tooth and couple do with a decent chassis!

As for rolling stock, I would like to see come new Mk2 stock to the newer standard, possible with air con versions?
Maybe Warwell and warflat wagons would be a possibility? especially if they did the more modern version of the warflat rather than matching the Parkwood kit.

Anyway, not long to wait!!
Simon

Skyline2uk

Bit late on the uptake on this thread.

QuoteOthers that would be good with lights are the SWT and Southern Turbostars and the SWT Class 159.

This would be nice, my Poole vintage one is back running from BR Bob, but even I can see its dated now. It would also stop me hankering after 158's on eBay (assuming they did a 158 at the same time, surely that's easy?)

Apart from that, not really a lot left on my wishlist now. I would be tempted by a new tooled 55, but only if they release "Tulyar" (and no, not in custard dip blue  >:D).

Skyline2uk

njee20

Bachman homepage now - a Castle, 4F, 25/1 and 25/2, Fairburn tank, N class and a 64XX tank.

Well. There's an entire range I couldn't be less interested in  :(

Edit: ooo, I take it back! Look at the product pages - NR 57 and DRS 37, better than nothing! Weathered 66s, 150s and 170s too.

Seawise

I got one of my wishes then, an "N" class.

Chris
Let your dreams become your favourite memories

daveg

Quote from: njee20 on March 10, 2013, 09:03:47 AM
Bachman homepage now - a Castle, 4F, 25/1 and 25/2, Fairburn tank, N class and a 64XX tank.

Well. There's an entire range I couldn't be less interested in  :(

Edit: ooo, I take it back! Look at the product pages - NR 57 and DRS 37, better than nothing! Weathered 66s, 150s and 170s too.

Could you please send me the link for the page(s). Can't seem to find them.

Thanks

Dave G

woodbury22uk

I hope it is just a technical glitch, but the Scenecraft buildings range is now listed as only one item. On the plus side the cars have disappeared from the Motor Vehicles list, and I notice that there are delivery dates for the first Guy Arab Utility double decker and three versions of the Harrington Cavalier coach.

Mike
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

daveg

Quote from: Seawise on March 10, 2013, 09:16:01 AM
I got one of my wishes then, an "N" class.

Chris

Me too, and a Castle as well.

Wonder how long we'll have to wait to see either or both in the flesh?

Dave G

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations