The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

" Maybe fantasising about politicians being "educated" in the physics of high velocity weapons."

others might have their own preferences, but I think mine would be for :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett_M82

other options are no doubt available from your local illegal arms dealer.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Topic unlocked.

By all means vent, folks, but please don't get too extreme  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

broadsword

Among things that get my goat are mission statements, like "We're on your side" and
"Protecting our community ", perhaps fire engines should have"We put out fires" painted
on their sides in case somebody doesn't know what they are.

The best one was SAC's  "Peace is our profession "  ................ :D

weave

... or The Hemorrhoid Removal Clinic slogan "We're right behind you"  :D

Sorry, I'll get my cream and go  :-[

railsquid

Quote from: broadsword on April 28, 2019, 10:55:27 AM
Among things that get my goat are mission statements, like "We're on your side" and
"Protecting our community ", perhaps fire engines should have"We put out fires" painted
on their sides in case somebody doesn't know what they are.

"The Fire Brigade. Your Conflagration Suppression Professionals".

The Q

I had to sit through repeated adverts on the insurance company telephone line,  they kept saying they would insure my story.. Since I'm not an author I did not want a story insured, just my motor bike.

RailGooner

John Lewis: Never Knowlingly Undersold ???

broadsword

That slogan always puzzled me, also much of their stuff is own label.......... ???

The Q

the claim is they will always price match.
However even things like branded washing machines are often a different part number so although they are all but Identical you can't get a lower price from them...

Though we did manage it on a VCR which tells you how long ago that was..

Newportnobby

My current GPs surgery has a system whereby you call at 08.15 to make a morning appointment or 13.00 for an afternoon one. As soon as the Beeb clock hit 08.15 I started phoning and, after 14 calls, got through at 08.20 only to be told the last morning appointment had just gone and I'd have to start the process again at 13.00.
Is it any wonder folks go to A & E and clog that up?

daffy

Yep, that's a familiar set up at surgeries I've used over the last twenty years or more. I share your frustration and irritation Mick.

My current surgery also does telephone consultations, and I sometimes mange to book one of them when the normal list is full, or when it's necessary, I just turn up on their doorstep and plead proper poorly. Works sometimes, but have ended up directed to the local hospitals A&E 'out of hours' service on one occasion not so long ago.

Problems are rife, and whether it's money, politics, lack of staff, or folks turning up for bad reasons, or whatever, is an endless conundrum.

Hope you get help for whatever ails you and are on the road to happier health soon. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bob Tidbury

Our surgery is just as bad we phone dead on 8 o'clock and are told we are number ten in the que, please hold , your call is important to us , and you have to put up with horrible jangling so called music followed by the message repeated over and over again eventually to be told like you we are sorry no appointments left this morning ,So can I book for this afternoon no nothing all fully booked the next available appointment is in the afternoon in three days time .
How does the receptionist know what's wrong with you without even asking ,you might be dead in three days time depending what's wrong with you .
Having said that our little dog hurt her leg while out for her morning walk we rang the vet OK bring her in at 10.30 ,took her down and virtually walked straight in to see the vet e checked her over thoroughly no real damage just pulled a muscle gave a pain killer injection and we were back home in less than an hour .
IM GOING TO BE A DOG IN THE NEXT LIFE .Fed and watered cuddles all day that I'm awake can't be a bad life .
Bob Tidbury

lil chris

My ex surgery had a similar system,they also ring you back to vet you to check if you need to see the Doctor. This was very difficult for me when I was still working and trying to get a appointment. Your sat around waiting for a doctor or nurse to ring you. My wife waited 4 hours for a call back after her stroke. I have changed doctors to a more paitent friendly practice.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

daffy

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on May 28, 2019, 10:28:49 AM
IM GOING TO BE A DOG IN THE NEXT LIFE .Fed and watered cuddles all day that I'm awake can't be a bad life .

:hmmm: What breed of dog will your next reincarnation be Bob? :D

And remember, dogs have a lot of difficulty clipping rail tracks together, and get forced, through abuse of their natural instincts by some humans, to chase after balls and sticks thrown into freezing cold water. :o
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations