New PCA cement wagon from Realtrack

Started by woodbury22uk, October 13, 2018, 11:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbury22uk

Interesting announcement on RMWeb.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/138342-accurascale-and-realtrack-team-up-to-release-pca-cement-wagon-in-4mm-and-2mm/

Ordering page here for 00 gauge:-

https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/pca-bulk-cement-wagon

When I was with CAIB these rated as some of the most reliable wagons in the fleet.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

RailGooner

njee20

Cool! I like these. May replace my old Farish PCA rake.

Ben A

Hi all,

To say I am delighted about these is a massive understatement.   I have always loved the Castle Cement rakes and this model looks set to represent them superbly.

Ignore the ladders and platform, this pre-sample has the moulded tank that the final model will use, but 3D printed ladders, chassis and catwalk.

Also, the fit of the barrel and ends will be tightened up before production I believe.

EIther way, well done Realtack and Accurascale!  Another new kid on the N Gauge block.

Cheers

Ben A.

PaulCheffus

Hi

I'd expect the N ones to be a similar price to the OO ones. My two TPM kits cost £20 each many years ago.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

njee20

Wonder what the quantity rates will be. That's a great idea, as these run almost exclusively in block workings these days AFAIK, could be tempted by 25.

Western Exile

I can't see any details of livery options yet. I'll be in for some if they're available in STS grey or Caib white.
(not Dr.) Al

njee20

It's hard to imagine them doing any more liveries in N than they are in OO, where they're doing Rugby Cement, Castle Cement and STS dark grey. So you're half in luck!

Western Exile

Quote from: njee20 on October 16, 2018, 03:06:23 PM
It's hard to imagine them doing any more liveries in N than they are in OO, where they're doing Rugby Cement, Castle Cement and STS dark grey. So you're half in luck!

I've just read on RMWeb that the N version will be released in the same three liveries as the OO version. So, some STS grey ones for me!
(not Dr.) Al

Western Exile

Quote from: Ben A on October 13, 2018, 11:25:01 PM

Hi all,

To say I am delighted about these is a massive understatement.   I have always loved the Castle Cement rakes and this model looks set to represent them superbly.

Cheers

Ben A.

You can scratch that one off of Revolution's "to do" list then, Ben.  ;)
(not Dr.) Al

JBQFC

do these only in run rakes or could you find them mixed with other types of PCA'S
John

njee20

I believe the Castle Cement ones tend to only ever operate in block trains (it's the only way I've ever seen them certainly), I would expect the STS and Rugby Cement ones to be more likely to found in mixed rakes, but no specific basis for that.

Western Exile

Quote from: JBQFC on October 17, 2018, 04:28:15 PM
do these only in run rakes or could you find them mixed with other types of PCA'S
John

It depends... From what I can tell, the Rugby and Castle Cement wagons seem much more likely to run in complete rakes, whereas the plain grey ones can be seen in mixed rakes. I've seen at least a couple of pictures of this type of wagon running in a block train with the Metalair type (that Farish produce) and the depressed centre type (that Farish used to make).

Edit (1): njee20 beat me to it! Have a look on Flickr (try searching for Cement PCA); there's almost a thousand pictures to choose from.

Edit (2): for some reason the cement depot at Exeter seems to have been a good place to see all three "main" types of PCAs together
(not Dr.) Al

JBQFC

thanks for the reply's chaps i will have a look on Flickr

John

woodbury22uk

The ordering page has gone live:-

https://realtrackmodels.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=73_89

3 liveries, in 3-wagon packs, though it is not obvious until you get beyond the front screen that there are multiples of the 3 packs. 7 different packs in total.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations