What are you doing today ?

Started by port perran, July 17, 2011, 02:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roddick

Quote from: newportnobby on August 02, 2011, 09:38:51 PM
Quote from: jonclox on August 02, 2011, 04:19:35 PM
we are dealing with rats from next door here and getting the 'free service'.

Not a nice way to talk about your neighbours, but if there is such a free service I'm sure others would be interested ;D

Ha ha ha.. That is really a pretty smart answer given to him...!! :D

Lawrence

I rescued a young rabbit from the jaws of our 9 month old kitten!  It is the 2nd one she has caught  ::)

galway

Going to play in the oldies 6 a side soccer this evening against neighbouring village, lots of pride at stake, I'm useless, maybe I've been picked so I can bring everyone home from the pub tonight?
Is féidir tú a choinneáil ar eascainí an madra nó is féidir a lasadh coinneal duit

lesmond

Quote from: Lawrence on August 13, 2011, 02:32:52 PM
I rescued a young rabbit from the jaws of our 9 month old kitten!  It is the 2nd one she has caught  ::)

She sounds like a cracker - well done rescuing the rabbit, though  :thumbsup:
Malice in defeat; revenge in victory

Bikeracer

I'm building a Scalescenes signal box,the steps have been a nightmare to do,after two reprints to start again I finally fixed the steps in position,the treads are slightly out of level with each other but at least it's fixed to the side of the signal box now.

The only thing is,I now realise the steps are upside down and the treads should have been glued under the risers,not on top, ;D

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Alex

Just got back from me hols down South at Holmfirth. Going through the photos. Visited the Kirklees narrow gauge railway and the NRM at York. The NRM was a good visit as they have the Mallard on display as well as a Japanese bullet train. Will post some photos tomorrow.

Alex

port perran

Just spent a very pleasant hour or so running branch passenger and freight trains to and from Port Perran. Plus a little yard shunting.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

longbridge

Playing guitar and singing in a country music band at a local venue.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

lesmond

Washing, ironing, tidying and a run to the local supply depot dump for a look round  :thumbsup:
Malice in defeat; revenge in victory

Newportnobby

Quote from: galway on August 13, 2011, 03:27:13 PM
Going to play in the oldies 6 a side soccer this evening against neighbouring village, lots of pride at stake, I'm useless, maybe I've been picked so I can bring everyone home from the pub tonight?

Don't be shy. Tell us if you're still in one piece and what the result was. Is your pride still intact? :wave:

EtchedPixels

Adding new stock to the web site and desperately trying to get rid of the fishy smell from the kitchen. My wife doesn't like fish smells so I had kippers while she was away, unfortunately the kippers may have departed but the smell has not.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Tank

What are you adding EtchedPixels?  Always good to hear of new products.  :)

galway

Quote from: newportnobby on August 14, 2011, 09:16:36 AM
Quote from: galway on August 13, 2011, 03:27:13 PM

Don't be shy. Tell us if you're still in one piece and what the result was. Is your pride still intact? :wave:

Match postponed (last minute) til 2 weeks time, other team realised they were all on holiday ??? have to give boots back and reborrow next time. Still looks like I'm driving though!
Is féidir tú a choinneáil ar eascainí an madra nó is féidir a lasadh coinneal duit

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Tank on August 14, 2011, 12:59:30 PM
What are you adding EtchedPixels?  Always good to hear of new products.  :)

Stuff coming back into stock (Coradia centre car, 323 ends etc) and the next Thompson BZ - still have to build check it, sort out the couplings and write instructions for that though.

Only other new bit getting sorted is from Dapol, and that's a small box that looks like Sir Nigels hankerchief (it's full of Gresley bogies 8)) as I had a very productive chat with Dave at Dapol a while back about getting supplies of some of their bogies for kit building etc.

And right now I'm supposedly making baseboards but more demonstrating my ineptness at carpentry.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Sithlord75

About to go to bed (2200hrs) prior to taking about 100 kids on a school trip in the morning...

Not much railway done over the weekend but I have got the hang of making DG couplings which is a plus.  Also tidied up and found the buffers I had put "safely" away for the GER Cattle Wagon mentioned previous on this thread (the pic which can be found on my blog).  Haven't fitted them yet, but they are now in another safe spot - which I can find  ;D
Kevin Knight
"Do or do not - there is no try"

My blog thingo can be found here: http://www.sithlordsrailwayblog.blogspot.com

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations