Revolution Trains Mystery Project

Started by Thorpe Parva, September 15, 2016, 11:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

Quote from: captainelectra on September 16, 2016, 09:02:57 PM
Think you'll have to let the cat out of the bag soon, before the forum melts down!  :D
Oooh, European outline stock? CAT ;)

alibuchan

Knew I shouldn't have opened that email Mike sent or looked in that folder Paul had at TINGS.

I really want a lovely '><,|>\!?)? Liveried one now. :P

Alistair

woodbury22uk

Quote from: alibuchan on September 17, 2016, 08:20:58 AM
Knew I shouldn't have opened that email Mike sent or looked in that folder Paul had at TINGS.

I really want a lovely '><,|>\!?)? Liveried one now. :P

Alistair

Me too!
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

gerry9253

And many that don't.

Such teasers

Gerry

StufromEGDL

Hi Gang,

After chatting with Mike and Ben very briefly at Leamington, I'm satisfied that I can wait for the 'behind the scenes' chat to be finalised so that the announcement, when it goes public...is full of confirmation and certainty....with none of the 'what ifs' and bluster of some other traders.

Revolution are to be commended for delaying an announcement till tangible evidence of their product is delivered...although 10 production run tankers and a couple of Pendolinos on the test track convinced me that their products are not just CADs or ideas plucked from the ether.

I think I know what it is.....but I'm happy to wait for my info delivered with the TEAs.....

Later...
Stu from EGDL
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

Graham

just wish i had been around when the folder was opened.

will have to wait for the email to the TEA purchasers.

cheers
Graham

alibuchan

Quote from: Graham on September 17, 2016, 06:56:02 PM
just wish i had been around when the folder was opened.

will have to wait for the email to the TEA purchasers.

cheers
Graham

£200 and I'll tell you. >:D

I'm assuming my version of crowd funding isn't allowed? :-X :-X :-X

Alistair

acko22

:laughabovepost:

Damn you! I was thinking the same thing but well £1000 then that would pay for a good few models!!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

gerry9253

Give us a clue - so, how many wheels does it have?

Gerry

koyli55002

Given that those who have purchased a TEA get "first dibs" on the news, will newsletter subscribers find out soon after ?
I didn't orde any TEA's as they were "out of era" for me !   :doh:

railsquid

Aha, is this a clue? What would go together with TEA tankers? Why yes, a kettle  :D

I'll get my coat (while hoping for something AC electrickery).

alibuchan

Quote from: railsquid on September 18, 2016, 07:32:07 AM
Aha, is this a clue? What would go together with TEA tankers? Why yes, a kettle  :D

I'll get my coat (while hoping for something AC electrickery).

N gauge don't do AC control, it's either DC or DCC. Hope that doesn't disappoint too much.  :smiley-laughing:

Sorry I'll stop now!

Alistair

Ben A

Hello all,

Firstly, we did not want to announce anything else until we had actually delivered some product, even though we have been planning this model for some time.

But the idea of sending out a leaflet/invitation to back our next project with the TEA tankers came about because we wanted to say "thanks" to those who'd backed what will be our first N gauge model to actually reach people and also because we were taken with the overwhelmingly positive response among those who saw them last weekend.

It dawned on Mike and me that, in a world of online wish lists, speculation and promises, actually having the tankers delivered will be a better and more credible sales pitch than anything we could do or say on the web or in print.

Once we have sent out the tankers - and know customers are receiving them - we will send out a newsletter to all our subscribers explaining what we are doing and why.

Cheers

Ben A.

gerry9253

Who'd have thought that N Gauge could be this exciting? And all down to Revolution Trains!

Gerry

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations