what was the last train to run on your layout?

Started by bluedepot, October 15, 2011, 09:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

porkie

mine was a national power class59 &a short rake of matching wagons on route to ferry bridge  8)
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

Mustermark

Last train a minute ago was my new 4-CEP running in.  I currently have a double header Freightliner 66 with an 8-foot train of china clay tankers, flat beds and coal trucks.  The two powered units manage the inclines just fine. 8)

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Fratton

As this post has just popped up in my list after my first real running session i can answer properly

Clockwise mainline
Class 47 Titan hauling 6x mk3's intercity

Anti clockwise mainline
class 423 (4-vep) Early NSE

frieght line
Class 37 hauling railfrieght VGA's and a VDA Large logo blue

yard
Class 08 shunter sector grey Rialfrieght

Charlie.

tadpole

A DB 215 loco hauling three green Czechoslovakian coaches into position to be photographed. They sold on eBay today.
Two rails good. Three better.

Lawrence

I chucked an oval of Kato track on the floor yesterday and gave my Super View Odoriko a run, so smooth.  There is one on ebay if anyone fancies it ;D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Series-251-Super-View-Odoriko-6-cars-set-Kato-10-474-/120775712582

Jerry Howlett

:A1Tornado:Well not a big puffer but a Dapol 45xx hauling an old Farish 4 wheeled coach that has been butchered to look like a riding van, sorry for all you post 70's folk a crew van for a re-railing train but its my track cleaning vehicle with those skid things. On the other loop was a Minitrix green warship hauling a set of Dapol Collet coaches. Then my wife said it was a about time that I sorted out the roof, walls etc of the railway room (its a cellar room but at ground level to the garden). There were also some other jobs not railway related so obviously of secondry importance. So for the last 2 months everything is stuck where it stopped the fiddle yard is full of trains and everything else is piled over the tracks as soon as this Xmas rubbish is over I can start to get back to some real work. ok there's time for a few :beers: while I debate the next job.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

port perran

Brand new Dapol Class 121 Bubblecar.
Just happens that it has a longer wheelbase than anything else I have running so had to realign the church wall to avoid fouling it!
Lovely runner though and a great model.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

4x2

Farish 108
Farish 108
Farish 108
Farish 108..... Damit ! I'm watching the shuttle again... ::)

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

bluedepot

tadpole

A 4VEP on driver training.
(Learning how to keep it moving it the absense of third rail - I gather that there's a knack to it).

My track has deteriorated through lack of use/maintenance over the last couple of weeks, so I'll probably take this opportunity to amend the layout to something less DB and more BR-SR/WR.
Two rails good. Three better.

Roy L S

A2 60532 "Blue Peter" still yet to receive it's nameplates substituting for a failed "Peak" on the up "Waverley".

On the subject of the A2, it is a resin kit I had from years back bought on e-bay. Sat for about four years part finished and in recent weeks I have finished painting lining and detailing it. Aside from the plates all that is left to do now (possibly) is a layer of fine crushed coal to go over the moulded stuff in the tender. I think it was originally marketed by "Pro-Models" (Gordon Payne) but later under a name something like "Fifty Six and Three Quarter" Models. I can find no trace anywhere on the internet of the kit now. I had a feeling thr moulds may have subsequently passed on again - can anyone shed any light. I may well have a go at another if thry are still available anywhere..

Roy

EtchedPixels

Today it was an 8F which I've been sound fitting. It's an absolute pig of a loco to convert because the back axle is very close to the brush holder and you need to file the slot wider to take the insulation then feed the wire somehow without fouling the wheel which itself is a tiny shade clear of the brush clip.

Anyway tis done and after about four attempts, a lot of swearing and poking with a meter it's now got a Digitrax sound decoder in it - which is a very tight fit indeed. I've also removed the awful plastic coal load and fitted the speaker outlet there, just needs a dusting of real coal.

Hopefully tomorrow will be the first run of the Coronation I've been assembling this evening and then I need to figure out how to DCC the old Britannia chassis it uses.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Mustermark

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

longbridge

The last train to run on my layout was an Alco RS18 pulling a short train of coal hoppers and a cupola caboose.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

4x2

Warship 'KELLY' in BR blue and a rake of parcels stock. Now the tracks been tested, let the scenics begin !
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations