Another N Gauge Deserter.

Started by longbridge, September 27, 2012, 11:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x2

Good luck with your new direction !  :thumbsup:

At the end of the day - as long as you're still playing trains, it's all good !  :D

If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

galway

Good luck in your new direction, I will miss your comments and observations  :'(
Is féidir tú a choinneáil ar eascainí an madra nó is féidir a lasadh coinneal duit

bluedepot

best of luck :)

i don't have great eye sight either and one day i shall probably have to go for a bigger scale as well... so understand your reasons!  the trick really is start out with TT and then move up to Z in middle age and N in older age!

Tim

MJdJ

Quote from: Cimmerian on September 27, 2012, 12:59:36 PM
Just because you're playing with bigger toys than the rest of us doesn't mean you can't come on here and chat..does it?

Agree fully with this. Whatever scale you're in: cheers!  :beers:

Malc

Best wishes Dave, be sorry to see you go, but as everyone says, you don't need to be a stranger here. Do keep in touch.

Malc
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

longbridge

Quote from: Kipper on September 27, 2012, 03:18:46 PM
I'm with you Dave, and for the same reasons. Having got the garden sorted, and accidently buying a copy of a garden railway magazine, I like the big scales. It will also give me a room back!  I had been looking at some large scale stuff, being sold at the Mansfield toy fair, and whilst quite expensive, I won't need a couple of hundred Mk 1 coaches!

Good luck with the Garden layout, wish I had a big garden I would probably do the same thing  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

longbridge

Quote from: bluedepot on September 27, 2012, 07:19:54 PM
best of luck :)

i don't have great eye sight either and one day i shall probably have to go for a bigger scale as well... so understand your reasons!  the trick really is start out with TT and then move up to Z in middle age and N in older age!

Tim

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

davieb

hi Dave  :wave:

just another thought  :o

you could always keep some of your N gauge track and have a 009 scale narrow gauge line on your 00 layout  :hmmm:

all the best

dave  :beers:

scotsoft

Well I think it has mostly been said and I agree with all the comments posted.  :beers:
As long as you have some n gauge, even a bit of track lol) there is no reason to not pop in now and again.

I would like to see your pictures of your new stuff as you progress  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

John Tremelling

Having recently joined a club which is almost entirely OO and G, I have dug my old Airfix and Mainline collection out of the attic longingly. Having recently read a few articles about outdoor OO, I am deciding to stay indoors in the winter days with N, and have a massive outdoor loop for my old OO collection. I am even thinking of selling my own soul to the devil and going DCC in order that I can run a number of trains on the same track and thus avoid points and all such complications.

Has anyone tried fitting modern chips into 30+ year old loco's, or have experience of outdoor DCC?

John T

weave

Hi oldrailbug,

Sure you not really leaving us forever but sorry to see an oz dweller going as I get most of my replies from you lot in the morn here when I'm too lazy to go to work on time!

Thanks for replies and good luck with the OO.

Take care, Cheers Weave.

Tank

Stay in touch Dave.   You're always welcome on here. :thumbsup:

Bealman

Hey ORB Dave...
Yeah, the Antipodean sun does strange stuff to ya. I know - had a skin thingy cut off me head a month ago, but I still refuse to wear a hat like the aussie sooks. Makes yer head sweat. But there again if I did wear one and me head did sweat, I might start thinking as clearly  as my eyesight should be. However, I have a big investment in N and a layout to finish, with probably too little time, if I don't start puttin' that hat on.
So best of luck with the new scale, mate, although after being with N for so long I actually find the 00 models to appear toy-like, no matter how detailed they are. But as it has been said in this thread already, railway modelling is the go - doesn't matter what gauge. Cheers, mate... and being stuck here in Oz ain't that bad, eh.
All the best in your new venture!!
:beers: George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

bigbear

Don't disappear! I have only just joined this forum, but also do OO and O gauge - even three rail Hornby and the old O gauge tinplate stuff too. There's room for all of it on here, although I think I hear the sound of hollow wind and the tolling of a distant bell as I type this... :uneasy:

Newportnobby

Quote from: bigbear on October 03, 2012, 10:53:58 PM
Don't disappear! I have only just joined this forum, but also do OO and O gauge - even three rail Hornby and the old O gauge tinplate stuff too. There's room for all of it on here, although I think I hear the sound of hollow wind and the tolling of a distant bell as I type this... :uneasy:

You forgot the tumbleweed rolling across the screen >:D :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations